Hi I am Richard

GoldenMotor.com

salazarich

Dec 22, 2011
Santa Fe Springs
Hi I am Richard and I am working on a briggs and Strat motorized bike. I got insprired by and small enignes guru at my shop I work at. His name is Dale and he is very cool motorized bike builder. Any designs or comments are welcome, I have and idea of using a flat head briggs and Strat and maybe a springer front end, custom made or original piece. Any custom bikes in Santa Fe Springs Area?

Richard Salazar 562 338 4419
1932 Ford Roadster
1961 Apache
1955 Chevy project
1941 Willys project

Last edited:

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Welcome to the forum!

Once you get a few posts under your belt, you'll be able to post pictures here. I'm sure a lot of people would love to see em!

Briggs bikes are almost in a league of their own. They may not be the fastest big-blocks, but they are classy like no other.

salazarich

Dec 22, 2011
Santa Fe Springs
Thanks and merry Christmas, I also have a spec of light weight bike and powerfull motor while looking pretty doing it. My buddy Dale has an engine i can use for drawing it up in our minds eye. I will take a picture tomarrow of it and post it when i can. I will be at Dounut darlics in Huntungton Beach sat at 5:00 am. Richard 562-338-4419

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
hi richard, ol biggs, got one on rototiller but it hasnt run in 5 years or so but not tied up. just dont think the bikes i have will support it.anyway happy new year to ya.

salazarich

Dec 22, 2011
Santa Fe Springs
A 1943 Briggs and Strat is a good start. I have been thinking what parts to used on the build. I am thinking of anything goes approach or keep it early style such as mechanical brakes and pulleys. That style to me is pleasing to the eye.

salazarich

Dec 22, 2011
Santa Fe Springs
Well thanks for your posting. I had some pictures but my camera went south along with my pictures. I like to lake pictures during the early morning or just before dust, I will take more with my new camera. I trust it will not fail this time.

but I have an update; I was looking for an Briggs and Stratton but my friend gave me an 6.5 Tecumseh aluminum block flat head. He said they are lighter and just as strong and an Briggs.

The engine mount and crank locations are the same since Briggs and Stratton compete in the same market, the manufactures are interchangeable in any chassis; custom or otherwise.

salazarich

Dec 22, 2011
Santa Fe Springs
Today i worked on an 18 horse Briggs and Stratt 1978 concrete blade cutter. The engine was 18 horse and 32 cubic inches American standard measurement. The engine was a flat head with points type ignition. I was working on it at work at the Huntington City Yard the experience was cool. I would like to use an magneto type ignition on the Tecumseh engine i have allocated for the Motor Bike project.