new to the club

GoldenMotor.com

hammi423

Apr 20, 2011
scotland
hello all, I'm new here
suppose i'll start with an intro, I'm Hamish i've been working on a motorized bike for the past few months. It started as an idea that my friend had so we could race each other(he has a quad). i first used a wee strimmer engine on the back of the bike and it failed, but i didnt give up and so i converted a briggs 5hp vertical to a horizontal, i am now in the final stages, i just need a belt and with any luck it should work. there are sum pics of the bike in my photos, although there has been a few mods since those photos were taken so i will get sum more uploaded. I look forward to being apart of this club and i know where to get help if i need it.

thankyou.cs.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Welcome to the forum Brother Biker!:) Looking forward to your builds! This place is stuffed full of builds great folks and great knowledge! You will fit right in here.;)

AZBigDoc

Apr 18, 2011
Mesa, Az
Hello MB'ers,
I'm one of the new guys on the block and have a question or two. I would like to know what type of drive you guys recommend for someone in the 300lb range. I have been working on bikes my whole life but this will be my first MB and I don't know where to start ie. rear sprocket drive, belt drive, Jackshaft etc. Any and all advice is welcomed and encouraged. I really enjoy the site. Thanks guys, Doc