Motorized Cruiser Begginer!

GoldenMotor.com

sojudave

Oct 18, 2008
austin tx
You can use the one you have. The only advice I'd give you is to look at the downtube on whatever bike you are interested in using. Many bikes now do not use a round tube, they are more oval or egg shaped. Like the wallyworld Next bicycles. Other than that, let your freak flag fly. The only other thing is please, PLEASE, PLEASE. Clean up your cables. You don't have to trim them, but please keep them from flailing about like a peacock's tail. They can be routed without having to cut them down and look tidy.

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
That bike looks cool from the get go... I'm sure when it's done you will get thumbs up left and right. I don't think I would leave the child seat on the bike with a motor on it. You never know if something will go wrong, crashing by yourself is one thing, but with a child on the handle bars is another. Keep us posted with pics of the finished product. Here's some pics of my first cruiser bike.

Attachments

BiGMoE23

Jun 9, 2010
Ventura CA,
You can use the one you have. The only advice I'd give you is to look at the downtube on whatever bike you are interested in using. Many bikes now do not use a round tube, they are more oval or egg shaped. Like the wallyworld Next bicycles. Other than that, let your freak flag fly. The only other thing is please, PLEASE, PLEASE. Clean up your cables. You don't have to trim them, but please keep them from flailing about like a peacock's tail. They can be routed without having to cut them down and look tidy.
Hey dude thanks for the advice! Yeah ill make sure i route them properly. What size Motor would you recommend 60cc or 80cc?

BiGMoE23

Jun 9, 2010
Ventura CA,
I like the truck!! I've got a 64 long bed; but yours is lower than mine, so you win!

I also sell engine kits. ;)
Thanks man ive got a 66 with an inline six! The 64 u got is the one i was wanting to buy before i got this one, so you win! Hey where is your shop located, or do you just sell motors via internet?

BiGMoE23

Jun 9, 2010
Ventura CA,
That bike looks cool from the get go... I'm sure when it's done you will get thumbs up left and right. I don't think I would leave the child seat on the bike with a motor on it. You never know if something will go wrong, crashing by yourself is one thing, but with a child on the handle bars is another. Keep us posted with pics of the finished product. Here's some pics of my first cruiser bike.
Hey thanks bro! Yeah i when i put the motor on it i ill be rideing alone. How much heavier will the bike be after the motor is in? Are you still able to pedal normally win the motor is off? By the way awsome bike, where you get the license plate?

sojudave

Oct 18, 2008
austin tx
Hey dude thanks for the advice! Yeah ill make sure i route them properly. What size Motor would you recommend 60cc or 80cc?
I rock a 65cc kit from thatsdax. My buddy has a 50cc and it has some get up and go in that too. I wouldn't believe the vendor if he says it is 80cc's. I think the average size is about 65cc. Of course I may be wrong. 60-65cc is a good middle of the road type of size.