Members build off comments/questions

GoldenMotor.com

pedro5189

Jan 21, 2008
England
Because we are not allowed to comment in the actural thread for the members build off I figured I would start another thread in here to discuss ideas.

I would just like to ask Venice boy will the cranks that you intend to use not hit the floor when pedaling due to how low the bike sits?

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Re: Members build off

I'm kinda 'in limbo' on building the bottom end of the frame until my new fork gets here.
I have to see where the final ride height is gonna be before I can build the lower end.

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
hows that bike build off going ?

in respect to the build-off thread rules , i made sure i didn,t comment in that thread .

i see there are still a few contenders in this bout . theres some nice work goin on there .
also seems there are a few drop outs . or secret suprise unveilings , i don,t know .

i,m just curious as to who is still in and who is out . or am i out to lunch and did i miss the finnally of the challenge . the last post i seen was from 2 days ago ( 20th nov ) so i assume its still on .

to those still in and building , i like what ive seen so far and i can,t wait to see the finished pictures .

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i'm hoping to still be in it. i'm trying to make some hand-built, custom frames, forks and tanks. i'm doing most of the design work, and my brother is doing all the actual manufacturing (welding, bending, etc...) and he's got a real job, unlike me, so he doesn't have enough time.

hopefully i'll have something to show real soon, besides a box of parts...

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Re: hows that bike build off going ?

in respect to the build-off thread rules , i made sure i didn,t comment in that thread .

i see there are still a few contenders in this bout . theres some nice work goin on there .
also seems there are a few drop outs . or secret suprise unveilings , i don,t know .

i,m just curious as to who is still in and who is out . or am i out to lunch and did i miss the finnally of the challenge . the last post i seen was from 2 days ago ( 20th nov ) so i assume its still on .

to those still in and building , i like what ive seen so far and i can,t wait to see the finished pictures .
I think Britton Bees is back to playing his 'top secret' games... I don't think we'll see anything from him until Jan 1st for his 'grand unveiling'!! :rolleyes:

I don't feel like anyone else is playing games, but I wish they would post more! It seems like John & I are the only ones who care about showing everyone what we're doing. (Jim is struggling to keep his shop open, so he has a pass...)

I've never tried building anything like this before (chopping up a frame this much with a 'in frame' gas tank), so I'm just trying to stay motivated, & keep posting pics.