sold out of kits

GoldenMotor.com

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
Well, I've sold the last of those good kits I bought. Looking around, I see sellers that I used to deal with are out of the kit sales now too (but some are dumping parts cheap).

Beginning to wonder if I'll find any kits among the no-name ebayers that are worth bothering with. I really don't need any more of the 60 miles run in before it will go up a hill motors, and straight-cut muffler flanges that pull studs out of cylinder, or tensioners that don't lock so that 2 hands and a tool thru spokes are needed to adjust them, or carbs with wrong jets that need replacing from day one.

Worst part is that with no kits, I have no motors to sell as cheap replacements on which I can make up the diff in price when I sell all the rest of kit as repair parts : (

Anyone else stuck in finding good kits?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
heard from contact that knows the factory where I got the last really good kits - they no longer make them

checked some sellers I used before on ebay - they no longer sell kits (even rose326 who sold a lot of them over the years)

I may be back to just doing repairs with no kits for sale.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
These motors have always had EPA approval as utility motors only, and the sticker for them says; "Not for road use." Some do not even have an EPA sticker and can be stopped at the port by US Customs cops.

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
What is that all about ^?
That is customs bragging about all of the stuff they confiscated in Q3 2015.

It is also an announcement about what they are actively looking for in import shipments.

About that time, engines began to come in as parts, with the cylinder & piston in a separate box. "Boy screws buyer Fast" "Rose something" etc. suddenly had only parts etc.

Customs is squeezing all of the shady importers.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
starting to get answers in from sellers, but all so far are chinese business guys that buy boxes that they are told contain some kind of kit - they never even open boxes to see exactly what is inside : (

Reactions: chmn22s

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
no progress so far

did some thinking about these tho and am thinking that most ebay guys are just drop-shippers for some folks that got a bunch o' these thru customs and have all the parts in storage somewhere in US

ebay guy sells a kit & storage guy throws parts in a box and ships it

hoping to find a way to contact a storage guy and maybe end up with great kits

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
usually bought 10 every month or 6 weeks - bought 30 last time tho since he was running out of them

for about a third of the kits, I just sold the motor as a replacement for a dead one and put other kit parts on shelf for individual part sales (saves many hours a month in parts ordering)

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
got only a couple responses for ebay sellers - none with any info except "kits are as described' from sites with 15 kits for sale at diff prices and all with same description

seriously thinking of no longer having kits or motors on hand

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
got only a couple responses for ebay sellers - none with any info except "kits are as described' from sites with 15 kits for sale at diff prices and all with same description

seriously thinking of no longer having kits or motors on hand
It kind of depends on how much space you have.
Now that my sister-in-law has moved back to Alaska and my Son has his own place my shop takes up 1/2 of out 1800sf house ;-}

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I bought 30 kits last time, and could make room for maybe 50, but can not get any info about them and don't want to go thru ordering 5 or 6 kits from diff places and have a lot of them so bad I can't sell them

hills are steep here and riding each one for 60 or 70 miles hoping it will run in enough someday to get up a hill is just getting to be too much at my age - not counting time & money lost taking one of those weak motors apart and putting some parts on shelf as used, while tossing cases and barrels into recycle for aluminum scrap

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I bought 30 kits last time, and could make room for maybe 50, but can not get any info about them and don't want to go thru ordering 5 or 6 kits from diff places and have a lot of them so bad I can't sell them
Ya, I get e-mails from all them all like woodpecker, ~$80 a kit if you buy a bunch. I have no desire to sell ****.
I just set all their e-mail to go to Spam.

Like you I do buy a few good kits when they are sale, no such thing as too many spare parts, well, within reason, for example I just threw away ~25 sets of stock grips.

hills are steep here and riding each one for 60 or 70 miles hoping it will run in enough someday to get up a hill is just getting to be too much at my age - not counting time & money lost taking one of those weak motors apart and putting some parts on shelf as used, while tossing cases and barrels into recycle for aluminum scrap
It sounds like shifters would sale in your area.
I suggest you try that angle.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
a big problem here is that if I start with a $189 schwinn majestic or huffy fresno and do all the work to remount fenders solidly and lower chain guard to get motor way down and custom wiring with CDI under motor - it takes me 6 to 8 months to get $550 for it as most bikes here go for $299 - $350

shift kits are out of the question entirely

got a crapload of left grips here, but folks seem to want to push throttle closed so hard that they trash the throttle grip all the time - always ordering more of those

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
making some progress on getting kits - have a china dealer that wanted me to do shipping & customs & EPA myself at a good price, but I didn't want to deal with all that

seems they have some already in US at a bit higher price, so now I just need to get the specs & parts changed in their standard kit to suit my needs (they may not have all the types of parts I want tho, so not sure if I want to just get motors and make my own kits or not) - seems the folks at their company that do sales have no idea about the diff parts in their diff kits

if I have to "order from the menu", I may end up with crap parts that I cannot sell in good conscience at any price