go kart chain problems

GoldenMotor.com

[email protected]

Jun 20, 2013
north america
Thank for helping everyone! I just fixed the centrifugal clutch from sliding and got a new chain, and now it works great! I think the centrifugal clutch sliding was the biggest problem.dance1

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks for getting back to us with the results. Its always nice when we hear that the advice you recieved solved your problem. We appreciate it when members let us know.

Tom

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I am just wondering why the clutch was sliding around. Do you mean sliding back and forth along the shaft, or the clutch bell is wiggling a little bit on the bushing? The clutch bell wiggling on its bushing a little bit is quite normal. When the clutch engages, the centrifugal force balances out. But the clutch sliding on the shaft is not normal. I have a centrifugal clutch on my 98cc cruiser, and it is made to be secured very well. The clutch and the shaft both have a slot for a keyway, there are two holes on the clutch for set screws, and the shaft itself is threaded for a bolt to keep the clutch from sliding off the shaft. In order to make sure your clutch is secure and held in place properly, I suggest you utilize all of the measures your clutch was designed with to help keep it in place.