what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Still waiting on the bike parts, but I did do an oil change, brake pads, and rotors on my car this morning. Want to keep the 'skills' fresh!

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Not much to the actual bike but my Super rat bottom end got here the other day so I've been deciding on which jug to install as well as how far I want to go with the porting etc... Got a fresh jug installed along with my dial indicator and degree wheel right now so I can check the port timing then it'll have to come off for any finishing touches. The mag cover on this one is noticeably bigger than a regular PK80 and it has a few smal vent holes at the bottom... which by their self seem to be quite useless since there's no other way air can get in or out from under this cover. My plan here is to put a 1/2" hole in the cover so the fan can pull cool air in and then block off the vents at the bottom in favor of making the vent slots just on the other side of the internal CDI, this should supply considerably more cooling air to the cdi unit.
The next mod I'd like to do would be to take the case halves off and match the transfer openings as well as replace the crank and clutch bearings with the good stuff, and I might as well do a quick balance job on the crank while I got it apart as well.
I'm not in a big hurry to get this engine up and going since the bike I'm installing it on won't be here until next week... and it's gonna need it's share of mods and paint etc. The bike I got for this engine is an OCC Stingray but it's going to need a little TLC as well as a set of ape hangers, a solid seat post and layback seat, and I'm thinking about wiring this one up with a headlight, tail light, and turn signals that can be run off a rechargable battery... A LOT more to come on this one and I'll post a project thread as soon as the bike gets here...

For the silver mountainbike, it's getting a new jug with considerably bigger ports, better port timing, a Mikuni VM18 carb, a KX65 pipe, and a few other goodies... I'm also toying with the idea of putting a reed valve on this one as well... This bike is already fast, but I want to make it even faster. my only real time to ride is in the mornings before I open up shop and I need it to be able to maintain 35 to 40mph in order to keep up with the traffic. It does this already but I would like just a bit more so I can get away from a tailgater or pass up a slower car if they're in my way etc...
I pulled the jug off this one the other day after it's had about 3 tanks of fuel thru it and everything looks immaculate, the bearings feel nice and free with no play, the head just had a little brown tint to the combustion chamber that wiped right off, and the piston looked just the way I left it as well except for a light coat of black on the piston crown and the spark plug had that light chocolate brown color on the insulator. Inside the cylinder it was mirror smooth and the rings looked perfect as well. I do plan on de glazing the cylinder and putting on new rings if I keep this one, but I got another new one coming in with the nice wide transfers so I'll most likely do some serious port work on the new one and use it along with a new set of rings.
I'll also be stripping this one down to the frame to weld in some more gussets in just the right places, then strip it down to bare metal for a real paint job.

BOYGOFAST

Sep 28, 2013
Citrus Springs Fl.
looked it over again going to reassemble it for 18th time this time with the 48 coming in the mail.......the 66 won't do if the 48 works fine if not will wait see what's next...

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
Finally got around to fabricating the exhaust for my wife's Huffy.
Her birthday gift .
( The bike not the exhaust....)
Was a great day. It was nice to get back to work on a gas bike.

I know , its got an odd routing path .
It needed to clear the stand but not interfere with the bags.

As the bike only has 11 miles on it at this point , I'm not sure what this design will do to the top end but it did help the bottom.....

And yes , we are one of those couples that wear matching sweat shirts ............

My bike:

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Finally got around to fabricating the exhaust for my wife's Huffy.
Her birthday gift .
( The bike not the exhaust....)
Was a great day. It was nice to get back to work on a gas bike.

I know , its got an odd routing path .
It needed to clear the stand but not interfere with the bags.

As the bike only has 11 miles on it at this point , I'm not sure what this design will do to the top end but it did help the bottom.....

And yes , we are one of those couples that wear matching sweat shirts ............

My bike:
Looks good to me, its all about function anyway to me, I do what I do to my bikes because thats what I want, I do care what others think to an extent, but ultimately what I want for my own reasons always trumps others opinion....lol

Your wifey should be proud, you fixed her up a feally nice looking bike there and I bet she will really enjoy it and I like the exhaust, should be fairly quiet and do just fine for a low keyed cruising machine.

My wife only has one shirt that is similar but not in color to anything I wear, I have a ouple Harley Davidson T Shirts and other depicting motorcycles and my wife has a Pink and Black Harley Davidson ladies shirt that she will wear sometimes, other than that I wear Camo and Pearl Snap weztern shirts most of the time and she wont wear those.....lol!

She didnt grow up in the country like me, she grew up in Dayton Ohio so in many ways Im a litgle to rustic for her, she thought I would be a cool adventure when we met, but I think this ole Texas country boy has became more of a trial to her now than an adventure because she has tried to get me to wear a pink dress shirt and thjngs like that and she dound out real quick she'll have to bury me in one if she ever wants to see me in anything like that....lol...!

I always think its cool when I see husband and wife dressed similar like you said about the sweatshirts, that always makes me think yall must have a very close relationship and a darn good understanding, not a thing wrong with that in my book.

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
Pink ? Don't do it man!!!!!!!
The matching sweat shirts In my house tend to gravitate more towards AC/DC , the Who , and Lynerd Skinerd.... Or flannel....
My wife and I grew up in the same town ( small ), her brother was a friend of mine.
I used to pick on her when we were young...
I'm not sure why she married me.
Just luck I guess.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
That's a really nice looking bike there and the pipe looks good to me too... for has to follow function and that's what looks best as well....
What I really like is that Datsun 620 4x4 you got in the background... I got a 720 4x4 over here but would love to put a 620 cab and bed on that chassis...

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Still extremely busy at the shop so not a lot done today. .. just got the dial indicator and degree wheel installed on the new engine but got too busy to start taking measurements... I should have the time to at least get this one set up and ready to run this weekend if all goes well. ..

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Pink ? Don't do it man!!!!!!!
The matching sweat shirts In my house tend to gravitate more towards AC/DC , the Who , and Lynerd Skinerd.... Or flannel....
My wife and I grew up in the same town ( small ), her brother was a friend of mine.
I used to pick on her when we were young...
I'm not sure why she married me.
Just luck I guess.
oh no youll never see me in a pink anything...... unless they put me in it when I die and were to come to the funeral, somethings Ill sway on a little but wearing pink aint one of them.

8 would were a pink ribbon on my hand at a support rally for breast cancer or something like that, but I aint ever wearing pink clothes.

Im a huge fan of Pink Floyd though........ I could ride for miles with earbuds and have Comfortably Numb, Hey You, Welcome to the Machine, etc... popping in my ears, then maybe to get my blood pumping a bit faster, put on some Zeppelin, AC/DC, and several others including some ELO for the fun of it....lol

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I knew there was something I like'd about you....Floyd good times.
oh yeah......lol

Not any that I know of any more unique than Floyd.

There bluegrass, country, contemporary, soft rock, hard rock, disco, blues, jazz, etc.... and then there is Pink Floyd which is a big pot of much of the others all uniquely melted together, spun and twisted in all the right directions.

Im also a fan of several other bands, bit I have a few that I never burn out on and can always strike up a happy spot in me, being a drummer myself I listen to music for the arrangements, melody and rhythms, words are only important to me on some songs, im more about the music and the emotion pushed forward by it, I listen to what I relate to in some way or in mood at the time.

Floyd is very relaxing to me, kick back and chill out..... oh yeah....lol

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Well I guess I better post someething more on tiopic here now.....lol

I had to sleep most of the day because I had to work tonight, so no bike work for me today, but yesterday I took the green grasshopper bike for a short cruise and enjoyed every bit of it even though it was only about 3 miles.

so many projects going on right now... work on bikes, work at job, work on shop, mow grass, feed chickens, gather eggs, feed cats, and the big one..... keep wifey happy....!

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
Today I pulled the stock Ruixing carburetor from my 4 stroke, installed one of Brad's fine manifolds and a NT carb. In spite of the late hour I managed to fire the old girl up & take her around the block, and even though I still have adjusting & cleaning up to I'm already happier with this set-up. I think this is a better carb, and that angled manifold enables me to work on the carb without yanking the engine.

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
its the 12th ive sold in the last two years. I had a big problem getting motors from the guy I was buying from I was dealing direct with a supplier from china id buy three and then have to wait a few months to get a few more this year it seems all the guys I tried to buy from last year are trying to get me to buy from them now LOL got to love it when they are bidding low prices to get me to buy from them

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
its the 12th ive sold in the last two years. I had a big problem getting motors from the guy I was buying from I was dealing direct with a supplier from china id buy three and then have to wait a few months to get a few more this year it seems all the guys I tried to buy from last year are trying to get me to buy from them now LOL got to love it when they are bidding low prices to get me to buy from them
Thats good news, maybe you can score some good quality kits for a nice price.

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
I could but then there is always a chance for junk too I had a few motors that were the 2010 models that they said were 2014thats the problem with using e-bay for the kits I found one guy that was giving me free replacement parts for a year but he stopped selling them he was having to give more parts and kits for bad ones he went out of business just goes to show there are a lot of these motors that are bad from the factory I had two that the mag coils were bad from the get go that pissed me off so I ended up buying 20 at 6.99 each from him and a few cdis too

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yep the old crap shoot rule applies to this day.....

Forrest Gump made a similar statement about the box of chocolates...lol!

Thats one reason I like dealing with Duane @ thatsdax, always feel confident in the product he sells, yeah a lemon can pop up anytime anywhere, but he dont have much of that because he takes the time to make sure to the best of his ability you get a good engine the first time.

To me thats worth a few extra bucks.