Replacing Stock Carb

GoldenMotor.com

Mopedamauter79

Mar 31, 2008
Ottawa
I'm looking to replace the stock Carb I have on my 2 stroke but I don't know where to get one and which one's will fit. I live In Canada if that helps.

Outrunner

Dec 27, 2008
Atlanta, Georgia
I bought a Mikuni 18mm carb from Texas Motorsports. It will fit
right onto your manifold and give great performance too.Try
theatvshop.com or call 903-295-0104

Outrunner

Dec 27, 2008
Atlanta, Georgia
Much better throttle response and smoother idling. I took the time
to "read" the spark plug to see if it was running too lean or too rich.
The Mikuni carb has many choices of main and mid range jets or
needle settings to tune it to your engine.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
There are also Walbro carbs that are direct fits....there are several threads here about them.

The basic and most important improvement is the ability to adjust them, whereas our chinacarbs have very crude adjusting capabilities.

Mopedamauter79

Mar 31, 2008
Ottawa
Yah the motor idles very quietly now but rides rough and I know it's the carb doing it. There isn't any other setting I can do to get rid of the rough riding. If I turn the screw away from the carb anymore the motor wont idle as the rpm's will be to low.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
you can send me your carb and I can make it purr. Lots of very small things to check and do that one mistake and you will need to buy more parts there are some carbs that come out made very well and some I think are using reject parts just to get them out the door.
One thing is find out the size of the main jet then mic. the needle it has to be tapered right or it will idle rotten and have a miss off idle up to about mid range and at wot if the jet isn't right it will bog and do all sorts of strange things. I did mine just yesterday the needle was off and the main jet was way too small and out of round.
Once you get the carb dialed in with a 70cc engine and a 44 tooth rear sprocket you can take off by pushing off with your foot and no pedaling and go!
Norman

Last edited:

Mopedamauter79

Mar 31, 2008
Ottawa
you can send me your carb and I can make it purr.
Norman
Lol. Stock carb ? I can't see what you could do to it to make it run better.

I found a carb on ebay however.

Ebay Item number: 250417131389

Edit: Where is the air filter supposed to go ? I don't even see one on the pic of the carb.

Last edited:

jvirginillo

Jul 21, 2008
Hey Norman I might hit you up on that offer. Do you have access to an inexpensive supplier for a carb? I'd pay you to clean one up for me and ship up to Canada. At a minimum I would have a least a decent carb to test with. What do you think? The carbs from Zoom Bicylces up here are $17.95 US but shipping both ways would make it pretty expensive. I'd rather pay you for your time.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
The screw on the carb does nothing but physically move the slide up or down to adjust idle speed.

Moving the C-clip up a notch will make it leaner, down a notch will make it richer. You HAVE to look at the plug to see where it's running, then adjust accordingly.

I'll bet you arew rich and it's four cycling at anything over 3/4 throttle.

canuck

May 6, 2009
ontario canada
you might just as well buy one off ebay....they only check every 10 packages or so.If you are the unlucky one you get charged.I have bought many items and chanced of paying duties on a small purchase are very slim if you order it and have it shipped with the post office.UPS is a different animal and can have high brokerage fees.check with the seller who they use.

There is not many Canadian sellers.Zoom Bicycles in BC is about the only one.They have the cheapest kits anyway...and free shipping.

The carb I would just buy off ebay..........you will not pay duties.The exchange rate is really not that bad either right now.