Pittsburgh

GoldenMotor.com

Train_Wreck

Feb 9, 2015
Sacramento, CA
Don't live there but i've been there tons of times. would be very nice to take a motorbike in the city tho, id be stoppin by primantis all the time ;) ( I do hope you know what that is :p) Btw, welcome to the forum.

bigdukke

Mar 12, 2015
McKeesport
I ride into the city on mine all the time this city seems to be motorized bicycle "friendly" so far i just follow the laws of the road .....and yes i know all bout primanti bros. Got one a few miles up the road from me

Train_Wreck

Feb 9, 2015
Sacramento, CA
yeah I would think pittsburgh would be a nice place to ride one, however in California cops are sticklers about these little 2 strokes cause they generally dont comply with the EPA regulations. I just try to keep within the speed limit, wear my helmet, and hope they don't notice. Have fun tho, I bet you will find somebody on the forum from there. You will find alot of good info on here regarding motorbikes, im fairly new to it but i've learned alot from here, plenty of cool peeps who have tons of experience.

Too bad no primantis in CA, but my mom went to the trouble to have some shipped from pittsburgh one time (shes from PA). Not as good as the stuff made in the restaurant but still :)

Igor, A.k.a Brian

bigdukke

Mar 12, 2015
McKeesport
Hats pretty awsome ur mom did that i dont like their food enough for all that lol ....yeah cali is crazy wit the epa stuff on 2 strokes i just started with these bikes last summer but ive built 8 of them and ive been selling them to fund the one i just built i watched a tone of YouTube vids that taught me alot about em you can check out my videos if u want u should be able to just search my name and it come up tj dukes .....im in the process of trying to arrange a motorized bicycle rally out here .wee.brnot

Train_Wreck

Feb 9, 2015
Sacramento, CA
That's actually not a bad idea, how much do you generally make off of one bike? I checked your channel, I like the orange frame on the first vid. I think my next build is gonna b something like that. Either that kid of frame with some nice forks, handle bars and seat, or I may just go all out and try to make some mini chopper build out of a Schwann stingray or somethin like that. These things are fun man I've only had mine for about a month now but they ride nice, I have a GoPed scooter too which has better acceleration but the motorbike I have has better top speed, and feels way safer lol. Yeah that'd b cool to get a rally goin, I'd like to also but I really don't know anyone that rides around here except for 1 kid. I get a lot of comments on the bike from strangers tho, everyone thinks it's pretty cool.

bigdukke

Mar 12, 2015
McKeesport
I usually profit $250-300 off of them believe it or not i buy the bikes of Craigslist for crackhead prices ($30-$50) so really im only into the build for rite around $200 then i sell em for between $400-$600 ...ive got about $1800 into my new one with the jackshaft kit but i did ALOT OF WORK to the bike it does 45 mph the way is sits .....idk what part of cali ur in but ik motorized biking it huge out the bikeberry.com just sent me an invite to the motorized bicycle grand prix but im not gonna be makin any special trips like that at this point in life .....**** man at least u got one person to ride with tho im all alone out here with a bunch of randon wierdos askin can i take your bike for a spin or the all time dumb question ....does this bicycle really run off gas .....no its urine lol ....that orange bike i paid $30 for it on Craigslist bought a kit off ebay for $120 with free shipping and sold it for $450 that was one smooth ride rite there. ...usflg....a chopper is one ive been planning on doin but those bikes are hard to find at a decent price and im not gonna buy a new one because they are usually over $200 im not paying that unles im intend on keeping itdance1

Train_Wreck

Feb 9, 2015
Sacramento, CA
Dude that's damn good it almost makes me want to do that, only problem for me right now is I don't have enough to invest into another kit but thats definitely a possibility in the future. Yeah I don't personally know the kid with the motorbike but I've seen him ridin around and that's one of the reasons I got a kit. Also me n my friends have been talkin about how cool itd be to have one, so I got one lol now my friends are gonna get one soon. Yeah I've seen some good deals on craigslist for bikes, and some people basically give their **** away. One of the people on this forum posted pictures of all the deals he got on Craigslist and from goodwill, only payin a few bucks per bike. He got a stingray for 12 bucks which I thought was ridiculous. Btw I've been watchin your vids, I really like the kit with the jack shaft on it. What's your top speed?

bigdukke

Mar 12, 2015
McKeesport
Thanks ive got alot of knuckle blood and cuss words into this build ...it does 45 mph the way it is and once i put the gears on it should jump to rite around 55 i just added a boost bottle kit also i ported the cylinder and shaved the head too upgraded the sparkplug and wire *(very cheap and noticable upgrades that i highly recommend) plus i just put sum really skinny tires that are slicks too ....less rubber ....less resistance. ..

bigdukke

Mar 12, 2015
McKeesport
The upgrades put it at 45 ....did u watch the video of the blue bike yet ....that does 47 .... but i was runnin a crazy gas oil mix of like 60:1 which is terrible for the engine but it ran like a raped ape

Train_Wreck

Feb 9, 2015
Sacramento, CA
Haha I bet you did,I know I got frustrated with a few things. Personally I don't like tinkering with it too much, I'd just rather ride it and not have to worry about it too much, but it was definitely rewarding after I completed it and I'll probably have more fun the next build, since I know what I'm doing and what I want to get for it.I'm definitely getting a new spark plug soon, the one that came with the kit is kinda crap. I'm also getting a boost bottle eventually, I've heard some great things about em. I mainly want it for better gas mileage, I like takin nice long rides around the town I live in. Gonna get an upgraded muffler sometime, was thinkin bout putting my goped muffler on it but I'd probably burn the **** out of my leg. I really want a jack shaft kit but I don't think the bike I have deserves one. If I were to get one it would be on a nice frame like yours

Train_Wreck

Feb 9, 2015
Sacramento, CA
Yeah I saw all the vids, pretty nice. I bet that motor is solid with that frame, it looks pretty thick. I'm gonna do the same thing with the tire inner tubes to reduce vibration. I don't get a whole lot at crusing speed but once I get it up to 30 or so it's like a butt massager hahaha

bigdukke

Mar 12, 2015
McKeesport
I would recommend the ngk b6hs gapped at. 028 but it u want a cooler running plug the b8hs might be a good choice u just kinda gotta tinker with them and ull figure out whats best for ur situation .....4 strokes are low maintenance but more expensive u cant upgrade much they sound crappie and they sluggish but way more reliable .....imma 2 stroke man tho all the way all my four wheelers and dirt bikes too aint nothin like the smell of sum klotz 2 stroke oil burnin .....as far as jackshaft kit goes imma tell u now .....they're a b i t c h to get just rite ....ur gonna get p i s s e d alot .....but theyre worth it

Train_Wreck

Feb 9, 2015
Sacramento, CA
ya ive always been a 2 stroke guy myself, all the little engines ive ever had have been 2 stroke, i also have a 2 stroke waverunner. not that this is the only reason, but I just love how they look too, especially on the motorbikes. Ya I would think the jackshaft kit wouldnt be easy to put together, but I bet it makes you go much faster. Id probably try to put one on my chopper build im gonna do eventually, but hopefully by that time i will have a real motorcycle haha. These motorbikes are really fun and more of a hobby for me but I can't be guaranteed to rely on one to get me to important places like work, unless I had a 4 stroke maybe. I've had no problems with it yet but ya never know..

bigdukke

Mar 12, 2015
McKeesport
Theses d a mn things are very unpredictable ....lol....the jackshaft kit dont really make it any faster but over time id say its a pretty stable set the reason for the jackshaft kit is so u can shift gears off of the bike