Newbie from France

GoldenMotor.com

solex_dave

Jan 26, 2009
France
Hi from Dave,

I'm living 10km South of Paris in France where i currently have just completed my first (after 18 months) Chinese motorized 80cc bicycle kit, an ebay US seller sold me the bike but without intructions & for someone who doesn't know the difference between a left & right hand spanner the build has been long. However it's now all but finished once i've ironed out a major fault?

Here in France my motorized bicycle get's greeted with great look's from the locals, indeed recently whilst out riding the unfinished bike but with the engine, clutch & throttle fitted i was unindated with enquiries from locals as to wear i'd purchased the kit from etc.

Now to the problem i'm experiencing being that the bike won't free peddle & only peddles slightly if the stock LD Z8C spark plug is taken out, given that the whole kit was purchased brand new i'm at a loss as to the cause of the problem. I assumed that even with the engine & parts fitted the peddles/back wheel would turn freely, but alas they don't even move? The chain is cut to allow about 3/4" freeplay, but maybe it should be more? Only by experimenting it seem's am i like'ly to find the fault.

Once i've resolved the non peddle/Backwheel issue & got the engine running smoothly i'll be transferring everything over to my French made mountain bike as the frame is built of much stronger metal & better welding along with shimano parts, unlike on the Chinese model.

Hopefully members might beable to help resolve the lack of freewheeling & in time as my knowledge increases with experience about such machines i'll beable to be of assistance to other new members who join this forum.

Here's to some happy go lucky ridings

Regards

Dave

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
hi dave welcome to the forum
as for not being able to pedal , do you have the clutch adjusted correctly? somewhere on here I seen something about clutch adjustment that may help your problem!

solex_dave

Jan 26, 2009
France
Cheers guys for the welcome into the group & your advice ofwhich i'll be looking into sometime today when i get the time, unfortunately the stock clutch that came with the kit was of poor quality & the lever snapped off. On purchasing from the US a quick release push-button lever clutch @ $15 the same thing happend again so i fitted an old break lever until a suitable'y well made clutch lever can be found.. Unfortunate'ly over the pond here in France all parts must be ordered from overseas & generally i suppose most are of cheap Chinese made quality?

Our son has an EVO 2x powerboard which he's grown out of using so perhap's i could raid the clutch lever from his machine & fit it onto the bike?

I'll try sending some photo's of the finished bike once i've figured out how to resize the images for the forum board.

Once again cheers & happy riding

Dave

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
Hi Dave, welcome to the forum, I had a similar problem with the stock handle bar clutch lever,I found it to be very hard to pull it in. So I used and old brake lever from an old bike I had and it worked very well. Your cable has to be adjusted so when you pull the lever the rear wheel can spin freely.

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
Hi Dave, welcome to the forum, I had something different happen I found that the handle bar clutch lever was poorly designed in that it required a lot pressure to actuate the clutch. So I had an old brake lever from one of my old bikes and this has a longer lever and better grip for all your fingers so I have been using that for a few months now. I just got my bike back in Sept 08 so Im relatively new at this as well. good luck