Police with Motor Bikes??

GoldenMotor.com

SJCASEY1110

Mar 14, 2008
It only dawned on me recently when I saw a cop with an electric bike going at about 10mph lol. I thought to myself, if only he had an engine he'd be able to get around much faster. You think it would be possible to sell cops police bikes with 80cc engines or something installed in them. You think they'd actually go for them????? It would be a great way to make money!!

(c)
-sjcasey1110

SJCASEY1110

Mar 14, 2008
I live in NH and I've been riding my 80cc bike for a while. Now do you know what the laws are. If they are legal on the roads or if I have to register it. I never really thought about it until reading another post. LOL

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
well the bike isnt marked.. so i wouldn't make a big deal of it. but if you want to know you local laws google the state dept of motor vehicles and do a quick search. remember I always read the law very liberal. Might be a good thing to find out though. In NC my bike comes under the moped laws. but search motor bicycle first.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i actually talked to an officer about that last time i was in vegas. they said reason they are not motorized is they use them to chase down people that are on foot which means through the woods and down stairs and things like that also they are quite and can sneak up on drug deals and things like that. they use a mountain bike which they can bunny hop over about anything and they use good bikes that weigh less then 25 pounds.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Some Places it is....

In some places they have to be less than 49cc to be legal. So..These motors are 48.8cc. Also..I have only been stopped by Two cops. A 1st Lt and the Chief of Police down at the Harley Dealer. Both were interested in Motor Assisted Bikes for their Bicycle Patrol Units. I will make sure if they go for my Offer to give them only 48.8cc kits . Thanks.. Enjoy the ride...

ran49

Mar 5, 2008
So.In.
I live in Indiana,where they have the under 50cc law and I just built a 70cc I've seen various stickers made up to fit on the clutch plate for various websites or whatever and wonder where you get these.I might order a 100 or so which read "48cc".Keep a few and sell the rest at cost Whada you think? Ron

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
sure you can even borrow one of those scribing tools from the police dept. they are always pushing that program to Id your stuff if stolen. use it to write 49cc on the clutch cover.

Better yet write it in chinese...