Hey guys - New tinkerer in Maryland

GoldenMotor.com

wret

Feb 24, 2014
Maryland
Hello. My name is Ron. I live in Maryland and recently started putting together a bike.

A little while back a stumbled across this site, looked at what a lot of you have done, and decided to embark on a bike building project. I started accumulating parts to build a board track racer. The ideas, techniques, and suggestions have been invaluable. I have a lot of general mechanical experience and ability but there a some aspects of this build that are new to me. I have recently acquired the "skills" of tube bending and leather-working. I may be able to provide some pointers or at least what NOT do do for any other newbies attempting these things.

Here a few pics of my progress to date.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Welcome to the forum!
It looks like you are off to a great start. Nice drop loop frame, and that gas tank is looking very good. Is the tank aluminum?
Your leather working skills are a heck of alot better than mine. That olde-tymey style seat will look perfect.

wret

Feb 24, 2014
Maryland
Yes, the tank started out life as an aluminum oxygen cylinder. The four inch diameter was a perfect fit for my frame dimensions. For those that have wondered, a table saw with a fine tooth blade does an excellent job on aluminum.

And now I know why ready made seats cost so much.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome Ron.
Looks like you're well on your way to a nice build. Keep us informed with photos of the progress.
Nice work and attention to detail. Details make the difference. Carry on.

Tom