Noisy Clanky Loud

GoldenMotor.com

donegood

Jan 1, 2012
San Diego
scratgscratgscratg
I'm trying to find out why my motor is so loud? Its a new Skyhawk 66. Sounds like crap on the inside. Is there any type of oil or grease I should put in there to lube it all up or will it eventually all tighten up once its broken in? I dont want to run it if its not suppost to make these noises without checking everything out. And I dont want to tear open a new engine. Any Ideas?

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
I learned that they can be loud or rattly at first as mine breaks in its gotten quieter, but I am sure some of the more experienced members here will chime in as well , but if your afraid its unnaturally loud wait an make a more educated evaluation based on more experienced guys advice . an welcome to the forum.
Gary

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
mine does the same thing. also when i rock it back and forth i cab hear a ting sound in there. i don't worry about it, runs like a champ

porch lizard

Nov 7, 2011
Scarville, Iowa
Hi Donegood... I've got the Skyhawk 66cc kit, and mine made a screeching noise like a bearing needed grease. If you check around on the site you'll find where to put grease on these motors. I did what was recomended but still had that screeching sound. After 300 miles on it, the clutch quit working and I found out that the small bevel gear on the right side of the crankshaft didn't have the halfmoon key and was held on only by the large screw which finally came loose. The small gear was broken, and had to be replaced. I'd recomend looking at that gear and see if there is something going on.