NGK Spark Plug

GoldenMotor.com

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
What is the REAL difference between the B5HS, B6HS, and B7HS spark plug? I have the 6 and the 7. Don't know which is better and why it's better ^5

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

For NGK spark plugs there is a simple rule of thumb:
Low heat rating number (for inst. BP4ES) "Hot spark plug".
high heat intake due to long insulator tip.
High heat rating number (for inst. BP8ES) "Cold spark plug".
Low heat intake, due to short insulator tip.

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
which is better for out happy times? i have the stock plug, a NGK B6HS, and a NGK B7HS

which should i run?

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
Which works best for ambient temps? some of us live in the desert where temps run over a 100 while others are in areas where ave temps are at 60.

MarcPhotoMan

May 21, 2008
Montreal, Canada
funny thing is that it was cheaper than the regular plug, what do i look for to know if piston has had contact?
And would this plug make it run hotter?

I was able to easily get the bike above 50kmh - 30 mph but i backed off that type of speed on a bike worries me.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
if the piston could tap the plug your gap would disappear in a heart beat and your engine would quit the plug would ground out and could do some damage to the piston and bearing and be bad for other parts in there.
these engine have a hemi shaped combustion chamber and your plug would have to really stick down into the combustion chamber quite a bit to have the piston smack it.
most stock reach plugs should not be a problem but if your worried best to measure the clearance with the piston a tdc and then measure the plug to make sure they don't touch each other.rotfl