Super psyco found his fun =D

GoldenMotor.com

MeSoLost

Jul 25, 2010
Lakewood WA
Hello, my name is Chris.

I got my engine from DAX (which i now regret) on july 14, 2k10. It only took a few hours to build it and 1 mile to destroy it. =p no worries though i had another frame waiting. tore the bike apart that night and slept on it. i re build it the very next day and i got 160 catastrophy free miles in on it so far.

I'd post a picture but my camera powersupply is in storage still. i'm a gear head experienced in gas guzzlers (you know those obnoxious 4 wheeled things that are always in your way on the road) and back-yard fabrication. i have a terrible addiction to speed (mph kind =p ) and was just approved for ssi so i'm lookin to build somethin that goes bare min 35-40 but i'd really like somethin that does 50+

i have a few friends i made who have motorized bikes as well. i'm gettin all sorts of ideas os what to do for my 2nd bike. if anyone has a machine that does 50+ i'd certainly love to hear from you! i wanna make sure things don't fall apart at that speed ya know so i figure i'd get some tips from those of you who break that ultralight law =p

DAX ordered 47cc 2 stroke engine kit
came with hole in the exaust
dented badly painted exaust
bent/deformed clutch plate retainer star nut
POS master link for drive chain

with all the little issues i can still get this baby screamin at 30mph but that's not fast enough
my dream bike which i'm gonna make with this back check from ssi will feature the following =D

largest engine i can get (hopein for a franco morini 11hp engine)
shift kit
NOS kit
and all the amenities (lights n turn signals baskets n such)

dnut

MeSoLost

Jul 25, 2010
Lakewood WA
i'd like to cruise at times too i just wanna be able to cruise a little faster than 20mph with the option of goin fast enough to tear the hair out my skull =p

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Welcome to the forum!
If you want to go that fast, I would first concern myself with building a bike that can safely handle that kind of speed. Bicycles were designed to merrily cruise at 10 to 15 mph, with a few high speed downhills now and then. Doing it with a typical bike is like asking a Toyota Yaris to cruise at 180mph. Not gonna happen where you will live to tell the story.

There are all kinds of high speed modding threads at this site. Just surf around and keep bookmarking the intresting threads.
Very few have made it into the 50 mph club.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm not asking this to be a smart a**, I'm honestly curious when I see posts like yours and I usually make this inquiry...
Why not just buy a motorcycle? Like the man said. These are bicycles, designed for speeds in the teens and twenties. By the time you invest enough time and money to SAFELY reach your speed goals you could have purchased a good used motorcycle that will easily achieve 50 and higher. I can understand the need for speed and I appreciate the desire to build-it-yourself, but I don't understand the concept of trying to make a bicycle into a motorcycle. This is going to brew a fire storm from our high performance guys but...The question stands.
Tom

MeSoLost

Jul 25, 2010
Lakewood WA
cuz my license is suspended for a ticket that i'm currently payin at the moment and i don't want a motorcycle, they scare the (living daylights) out of me but i've been rideing bikes since i was a child and i love em =D

yeah i'm crazy everyone even SSI says so =p i'm havin my fun my way and i don'y much care how much fun cost me especially since till about 3 months ago i'd been liveing in a car for the last deckade with nothing and nobody that would help despite the fact i helped everyone i could as often as i could.... karma is finally comeing back and i'm gonna enjoy it =D

sorry if this sounds like a rant i apologise. i can understand your point too but i'm sure you'd want to enjoy life some after all i been through

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Jus' ta letcha know - the above concern is mostly jus' a "heads up" as many waaaay underestimate what's entailed in gettin' a bicycle to "safely" and consistently achieve the speeds yer after, let alone the attentiveness to details and preventative maintenance required...

Still, if you're aware and willing to throw down as much cash as it would take to buy a nice used motorcycle, spend the time that could otherwise be used putting about & even consider your build and even yerself quasi-disposable, then there's a ton of fun to be had in the attempt :D

Last edited:

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
Good luck- I also like to work on things myself instead of buying them ready- the problem is the things I work on don't seem to work as good as before I worked on it. But go for it, if your willing to spend lotsa money to get a bicycle safe enough to hit 50, and make sure the engine's ready for it too. There's a thread somewhere about someone going for 60mph- maybe get some ideas from that!