wheel paint?

GoldenMotor.com

Xiodinc

Oct 15, 2009
San Jose CA
The brakes do rub, but get some white pads, and you can hardly notice. no scratches/dents/dings. etc. just taped off the spokes and spun the wheel real fast on the front fork and sprayed the rim, then did some detailing. 10 mins of work. 30 mins of dry. (just in case)

also if you want, you can get the clear protective paint over that. Probably will do the job.

dule

Dec 23, 2009
Zagreb
what do you think would it be possibl to powdercoat the spokes? I'd like mine to be black instead of plain steel look

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
For the cost/effort of powdercoating - I'd look into just havin' the wheels relaced w/ones that were already black *shrug* for powdercoating - you'd hafta pull em all anyway...

Black spokes are commonplace - unfortunately my local bike shop was out of 'em when I had my wheelset done... oddly 'nuff tho black ones do cost more than stainless o_O

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Has anyone painted the hub, wheel AND spokes while it's all together? I'm thinking of getting a disc brake hub for the front of my bike and I've got black hubs and wheels right now. Probably wind up getting that drum brake from Husky. I'd love to paint it all black, both front and rear. Anyone done it? How does it last? I'm thinking a semi black or something like that. Any info is appreciated.

thanks !
I have painted the rim, spokes and hub before....just pack a tiny bit a grease to nothing gets in the bearing, clean everything eat-off-of-it clean (I use MEK or acetone) and put the wheel in my truing stand, spun and sprayed. I used several different directions of spray. It's best to do several light coats for various reasons.

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
Is anybody using rim brakes? What about taping off the sides of the rim- seems like maybe a bad idea to paint the braking surface...
you can always dab a bit of grease on the brake surface before paint and any overspray will wipe off. just be sure to get some brake cleaner before using wheel to clean away grease.