Please help me pic what color of cranbrook to buy....

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
those wheels are a cheap china rim with bad chrome, shimano coaster brake, front KT hub, 12 gauge spokes...

for the money, they're great wheels. and they're 10 times better than the cranbrook wheels with their tiny little spokes...

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Ok,Ok,this is what I have to do to build the 64 spaceliner....
1. heavyduty back rim 45 dollors
2.get the rust off frame(priceless)Give me ideas
3.2 new tires 30.00
4.2 new tubes 22.00(would buy anyways with a cranbrook)
5.new seat 25.00
6.seat post (dont know)
7.Fenders 35.00(will buy those even with a cranbrook)
8.swinger fork 45.00(will not drive it without it)
9.chain 6.00 or so

Attachments

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
first make sure that the motor's gonna fit with that funky frame. (you probably already have, i'm just saying...) and make sure there's no cracks, or other problem areas.

the best prices i found on all the parts you need are at bikepartsusa.com.

they've got the best prices on shipping, too.

rear wheel, $40.46: Wheel Master 26x2.125, Rear, B/O, C/B, H/D, Chrome Steel Wheel | BikepartsUSA (chrome kinda sucks, but the shimano coaster brake is great.)

seat, $16.38: Pyramid Cruiser Saddle With Springs Black | BikepartsUSA (these are awesome. high quality, cheap, and super comfy.)

(and no, i don't work for them, i just buy a lot of stuff from them.)

the rest of the stuff you can look up for yourself. dunno about the springer fork. i mean, i like 'em, they just don't seem to work with the added weight and the pounding the bike takes. most people end up tightening the spring down so much it ends up being just for looks.

but whatevs, my opinion is, if the motor fits in that frame, do it. better to have something different, than to follow the crowd. and despite the age of that frame, it's still (probably) better than a walmart huffy.

also, money permitting, you can find the original rear rack, tank, chaingaurd, etc. for that bike on ebay or craigs. they're always popping up.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Believe it or not 7up will get the rust off that frame and don't forget that you'll be buying the heavy duty rear wheel for the Cranbrook too.

The Cranbrook is good for getting something on the road quick but I vote for spending the money on building up the Spaceliner. :D

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Last edited: