what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
dang sorry to hear that Cruise, seems we just get more and more of these stupid freedom robbing communist regulations everywhere, I guess the idiots of this world wont stop until they control every single aspect of the peoples lives, hearing this kinda mess just makes my blood boil, your bike isnt hurting anyone and isnt a threat to one freaking person anywhere but yet they can ticket you and rob you of not only your personal freedom but also $1000+ man I'm sorry to hear about this... freaking stupid and unfortunately for the rest of us its probably coming to a city near us also......

sorry for the mini rant...

map

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Not knowing the "RULES" your local police have established, I am wondering the following. I think after all that and all the work put into these creations, I would put lights, turn signals ,insure it and put a plate on and ride it like a motorcycle. What then ticket you for having a under powered bike? I would just to spite. What a lot of people do not know is this. On the sides of the cruiser , police, is "protect and serve." The constitution does not provide for a low agency to protect the people. That is the persons job. So when a cop says we are protecting you that is trash. I could go on and on but believe it or not I really respect the law and officers, they would for the most part take a bullet for you but a lot of them are going overboard. Not my daddy or momma. Tag that bike and ride it. gphil

Cruise

Oct 2, 2013
Australia
Oh the whole thing's just a big pity. The bike was really settling nicely, mileage just kept getting better etc.
I have nothing against cops. We'd be screwed without them. I just think the laws could be more accommodating in regard to these brilliant alternate forms of cheap transport.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
couldn't get to the "https" page, but was able to get there as "http" for some reason??!!??

looks to be a nasty & over-reaching set of regs specifically aimed at prohibiting anything that is cheap enough for poor folks (or possibly anything that isn't produced by a major corp)

survive1990

May 14, 2013
tucson
I've found that these carbs will work without pulse line relying just on head pressure from the tank, but much better to have it though.
By putting a good dob of grease to catch swath on the inside of the transfer ramp the pulse pick up could be drilled with out splitting the cases.
But pulse pick up can be taken from inlet manifold also but would not be as strong.
Also may need a return fuel line from carb to tank?
These type carbs are generally probably better suited to WOT style riding, I have only yet played with the $15 barrel carb, and like it.
I think i found my problem and this will help everybody i got my kit from jnmotors and the adapter space is wrong!!! the carb is vapor locking as the engine heats up the carb evaportes the fuel in the bubble and will not pump after the engine sits and cools the fuel returns. The engine does runs and performs great untill the carb is hot to touch. may have cooked the diaphragm DONT install these adapters on your motor. i might have to get a custom one made but im gona pull and old poly-carbonate one i have on a old goped and modify with a dremel using both the aluminum and the plastic i will post pictures. also fuel is being sucked into the the transfers from my pulse channel thats whats making my think the diaphragm:-|| is bad im not shure yet...

Last edited:

Ooontzler

Feb 24, 2014
Bay Area, CA
Well, today I had to replace my fuel filter.

It was the worst start to a Monday - alarm didn't go off, almost late for work, and halfway there my engine floods out. Tried for several minutes to get her to start back up (HS 142), but she wasn't having any of it. So, I got to pedal the rest of the way to work. Bollocks.

Well, on my lunch break, I thought I'd be all clever and go to a local auto parts store and get some tubing to bypass the (what I assumed was) faulty fuel filter. That didn't work. She peed fuel all over the pavement whenever I opened the valve from the tank, and nothing I could do would stop it. Ugh. Now it was starting to really bother me. WTF had happened...?

So, I manage to pedal her back home and get to work. Completely took the carb apart and blasted it with 100psi of compressed air... and that did the trick! Whatever it was, it was lodged deep somewhere in the intake valve and now she's back to her lovely purring self. The worst part is, I didn't even really need to replace the fuel filter... I bought another one on eBay that looked cooler and was a better shape.

But, now all is working again. Can't wait to ride tomorrow.

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
So far I haven't found any mechanical speedometers that will last on my bikes, I've destroyed several and some were vintage and really nice speedometers and that just made me sick to know I ruind them....

They just aren't design d for the vibes and the higher speeds and fall apart in a very short amount of time.

Map
The model that I purchased seems to be holding up well Map ,had a small issue with cable lube but a squirt of wd40 resolved that

Can't post a link but as soon as I can I'll pm you the link

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
Today I had to blow out my motor to rid it of a serious flood due to trying to start when the coil was fried ,cleaned out the muffler with degreaser and fitted a new coil ,she fired up without any issues ,though I've noticed a slight decrease in high end power ,I suspect it had something to do with the new coil so swapped out the plug for an Ngk and she's running well ,getting 65 kph out of an un modded engine ,no exp chamber just a Bolton 32t sprocket ,must have got a decent motor just the extras like the exhaust coil and kill switch were dodgy but after a friendly swap out from my local dealer Tdr moto everything seems fine for now

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Dave you don't need luck, from the posts you have put on the forum all you need to do is rely on knowledge. Luck runs out!

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Dave you don't need luck, from the posts you have put on the forum all you need to do is rely on knowledge. Luck runs out!
I was actually a bit nervous about the testing because I've been out of the automotive industry for about 18 years... then I was the only one in the class who aced the test :D

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Thanks... My son went with me and he scored 90% on his test too, but he's never worked on cars before other than helping me change his head gasket about a year ago, I told him all he needed to do was go over the study guide and pay attention in the class and he should pass but he scored high too... and out of about 30 of us who tested 6 people failed and most the others just barely passed.

Now that that's over with, he's going to be my vehicle inspector until he starts college this fall, and if all goes as planned I should be open for business by the 14th this month.

Big G

Jun 25, 2014
Palmdale CA
Today I removed the Delorta SHA clone carb. and re-installed the NTS. I grinded off some of the inside of the drive gear cover so that the 415 chain will stop tearing it up. I discovered that my sprockets are out of line.In other words, I just tinkered with it, the way I always do and I couldn't have a better hobby except for maybe panning for gold.

Cyclin

Jul 4, 2011
California
Today me and the baby (my little tool fetcher haha. We're working on her hand tool recognition right now) anyway we removed an old sprocket. Then we made an aluminum bushing for the hub and installed a sprocket adapter and smaller 36T. We broke a few links off the chain and adjusted the tensioner, and gave her a spin. Oh and tightened the rear brake.

Big G

Jun 25, 2014
Palmdale CA
So I put together a speed version of the China Girl for a guy that paid me $1.600 for the bike and motor. Grubee 66cc, expansion chamber, Delorta SHA carb, Arrow Cycles high compression head from billit alum. with extra big fins for better cooling, ported cylinder and polished piston. I was supposed to deliver it on 6-29. I ended up ordering some parts i needed to finish it from Piston Bikes. Drive sprocket cover, clutch pads new spark plug cap. I ordered them on the 25th shipped 2 day through USPS priority mail. They confirmed that the order shipped on the 26th. The order didn't arrive and I had to give the guy the money back. In truth, he ended up to be kind of a jerk and I'm glad now that I didn't sell it to him. It's a really sweet machine( about 4.5 hp instead of 1.5. I called Piston Bike and the guy says" dude, I didn't send your order, I'll get it out today or tomorrow" I expressed some dissatisfaction to which he replied, "ah man, I don't have to listen to this. Complain to my boss. He's not here though. Then he hung up. The Arrow parts and service are always flawless. Piston Bike though has given me problems on 5 out of 8 orders. What I did today was get the parts from King Motor Bikes, install them and I fired up the new bike and after a few adjustment( changed Jet) adjusted brakes. It was awsome. I really get a kick out of getting a 66cc motor to put out this kind of horse power. Tommorow I'm going to start on another bike like the last one but with a reed carb set up and a 29er with Titanium alloy frame that weighs only 8.5 lbs. It will have a fiberglass tank and seat. I'll let you know how it turns out. Going for 9 hp.