what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

i compared the gt5 cylinder with a gt4cylinder and found several differences first the cylinder apeared to be smaller on gt4 the bottom port openings for the gt4 were smaller and more fit to the crank case also the exaust and intake manifolds were smaller on the gt4 the gt5 indeed had better breathing capibility stock

notice the awesome stock paint the black cylinder is gt5 and silver is gt4
Nice pics. Thanks, I've never seen in there before.

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA

Went to Ace Hardware and got a 3/8 fitting for my gas tank and a 3/8 tap. Mounted up the glass fuel bowl and added larger fuel line.

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

got a speedometer for it, then laughed my a** off when it kept resetting.

time for resistance wire

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

ok ok so heres the story
first off i got a new gt5 motor and complety dissasembled it. that wasnt the problem the problem was after looking at how the crank case tranfer ports lined up with the cylinder transfer ports i realized the case ports were way smaller than the cylinders
i compared the gt5 cylinder with a gt4cylinder and found several differences first the cylinder apeared to be smaller on gt4 the bottom port openings for the gt4 were smaller and more fit to the crank case also the exaust and intake manifolds were smaller on the gt4 the gt5 indeed had better breathing capibility stock

well to move on i decided to match the crank case to the gt5 head and it worked till i decided that the flow into case should be smoother and thats where i got into trouble i ground throu the case into the magneto compartment

i went to a welding shop and asked what it would take they said 100 bucks an hour so i was like frack that ill just buy a new case but then my neighbor just got back in town hes a aircraft mechanic who hasnt tigged in a while i gave it to him to see what he could do about it

so theres the story ill include some pics of the case i still have matched to cylinder port and the two different cylinders gt4 and gt5

notice the awesome stock paint the black cylinder is gt5 and silver is gt4
Don't feel embarrassed; this is R&D...research and development for benefit of all.

Whizzerd

Nov 20, 2009
Muncie,IN

Like a kid at Christmas, mounted a new engine(Mitsubishi TLE 33) on the BMP unit and rode a bit. Brrr, gettin' cold here! Very nice running 2 stroke BTW.

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

got a front flashing headlight and a rear flashing tail light.

also took some scrapped resistance wire from a spark plug wire set i had and put it on the bike. speedometer works now.

Why? Isn't that going backward?
i need something to act as the rear brakes, since i don't have one anymore...

also the bike is converted to a single speed since i have no need for the gears...

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

got a front flashing headlight and a rear flashing tail light.

also took some scrapped resistance wire from a spark plug wire set i had and put it on the bike. speedometer works now.

i need something to act as the rear brakes, since i don't have one anymore...

also the bike is converted to a single speed since i have no need for the gears...
Oh, okay...single speed.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama

Moved it from one side of the garage to the other....needed room for 3 large yard plants... 20 degrees tonight.

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska

broke down a few times today on my huffy
first the rear derailer was acting up and jammin then my shifter broke so now im stuck in high gear
second i have in the past bent 1 out of 3 sprockets and today another one bent so now im in second gear up and that is slippin every rotation
getting up to speed to start is impossible i had to pull clutch handle then run with the bike drop the clutch put weight on seat while running to start the motor then pull clutch in to keep it running while running next to bike as fast as i can to hop on and start off
oh and if that wasnt baD enough at the clucth handle the adjuster screw vibrated out while riding so i had to use my brake lever as a cluthc handle leaving me with out breaks

it was a rough ride home but i made it with the gears messed up i couldnt even pedal home if i had to

ive got some work to do on sunday im takin tomorow easy

Last edited:

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

broke down a few times today on my huffy
first the rear derailer was acting up and jammin then my shifter broke so now im stuck in high gear
second i have in the past bent 1 out of 3 sprockets and today another one bent so now im in second gear up and that is slippin every rotation
getting up to speed to start is impossible i had to pull clutch handle then run with the bike drop the clutch put weight on seat while running to start the motor then pull clutch in to keep it running while running next to bike as fast as i can to hop on and start off
oh and if that wasnt baD enough at the clucth handle the adjuster screw vibrated out while riding so i had to use my brake lever as a cluthc handle leaving me with out breaks

it was a rough ride home but i made it with the gears messed up i couldnt even pedal home if i had to

ive got some work to do on sunday im takin tomorow easy
0_0

damn... that sucks bro...

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX

I remounted my seat to the stock position on the seatpost. The bracket I made to mount my seat really low wasn't durable enough.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california

contemplating getting a coaster brake hub for the bike... just not sure how well the thing will fit a 135mm dropout spacing...

according to shimano the axle on the CB-E110 is 165mm wide. Shimano CB-E110 Single Speed Coaster
that's just how long the axle is. the "over lock nut dimension" (which is from cone nut to cone nut) is 109mm.

should fit your frame just fine...

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

that's just how long the axle is. the "over lock nut dimension" (which is from cone nut to cone nut) is 109mm.

should fit your frame just fine...
cool... also had a thought about a flip-flop hub. since it'd have a fixed on one side and a freewheel on the other. could potentially run the motor on the fixed side since it uses a left handed lock ring (motor would just make it tighter as it spins)

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

cool... also had a thought about a flip-flop hub. since it'd have a fixed on one side and a freewheel on the other. could potentially run the motor on the fixed side since it uses a left handed lock ring (motor would just make it tighter as it spins)
If this is a flip-flop hub, wouldn't it have a RIGHT-handed lock ring?

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

If this is a flip-flop hub, wouldn't it have a RIGHT-handed lock ring?
oddly no, they have left handed so that while braking using the pedals it won't loosen the gear...

since pedaling would tighten the gear on (right hand thread)
and braking (reverse pedal) will tighten the lock ring (left hand thread)

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska

ok so i actually did a bit to my bike today i put a used shifter, new cable,new cable housing,used crank sprocket, and fenders homemade fenders

i fixed my bike got it up to snuff and did it for free didnt cost me a thing epcept a little volenteer time to pay for parts

but on the way home about 3 blocks from home when coming to a stop my engine flooded and would not start i looked don and saw fuel coming out of carb i figured the float got jammed so i pedaled the rest of the way home
but then right in front of my house literaly in my front yard my new/used sprocket broke i was so glad i was home

so after starting the day out with a crippled bike and fixing it it was completly useless

i took the carb apart and cleaned it everything looked in order so i put it back together same problem leaking badly so i took it apart again and found the flange that cuts off fuel wasnt sealing write i fixed the problem by bending the tabe that holds it up and it works fine now

i scavenged a sprocket from another bike and got my bike in business again tommorow ill go get another sprocket to replace the one i stole from another bike

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

I've re jetted my bike and installed a new air cleaner from Sick Bike. The $12 one. My bike is running really well and seems to be very dependable now that all the bugs are worked out. About all I'm planning for the future is maintenance stuff and as much riding as possible.

I want some nice tires, and maybe a different headlight, but overall I'm pretty darn satisfied.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida

Just put the bottom bracket conversion unit in,and the three piece alloy crank-
got the crank used on ebay and annodized painted it red- loses some serious weight- I have to take this up and down the stairs- tho down isn't much of a problem!

Speaking of a flip/flop above- Yes, the sproket holes match the diameter and yes it can lock down LATERALLY with a lockring-

but because it's not threaded it still must be held in place to pull the hub- here's a tread I posted recently with a puicture of one I put on a high flanged hub that didn't have any holes in the side before I drilled them- It HAS to be high flanged or you will have to use a rag joint.
The high flanged hub clears a motor sproket that has the six inner disk brake holes. I used a small 32 I had around as a pattern to drill this 41 stock kit sprocket.
http://motorbicycling.com/f15/sprocket-bolted-drilled-flip-flop-24770.html

dance1

Attachments

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

Just put the bottom bracket conversion unit in,and the three piece crank-
got the crank used on ebay and annodized painted it red- loses some serious weight- I have to take this up and down the stairs- tho down isn't much of a problem!

dance1
That looks real nice.