670cc V-twin mini chopper beginning plans

GoldenMotor.com

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
How much have you planned to spend on this project?

Are you really going to use a 7-speed on this bike?

Do you really need an oil reserve tank? Oil is cheap and widely available. Why carry it?

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
How much have you planned to spend on this project?

Are you really going to use a 7-speed on this bike?

Do you really need an oil reserve tank? Oil is cheap and widely available. Why carry it?
Because I may have to do an oil change while I'm miles away from the nearest store, or somewhere else where i cant just buy oil. I figured 5 gallons of oil is a bit overkill, but buying bulk is cheaper, and I have more oil than I will need for a while.

I'm planning on spending no more than 2000. Yes, I will use a 7 speed for the best gearing.

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
now im doing a 212 build for little more than a total (using the 66cc bike, selling the engine) 220, including the engine, mount, centrifugal clutch, and jackshaft. I'm going to sell 212s for a total of 280, including parts, and labor. just use craigslist bikes, a predator from HF, a centrifugal clutch, a CNC mount, and a go kart jackshaft and you got yourself a damn fast bike! the only reason my 66cc build was 250 is because i had to buy a few parts for it. just bought a new .62mm jet for my carb, cause the current one is causing 4 stroking ad high mid RPMs.

Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
now im doing a 212 build for little more than a total (using the 66cc bike, selling the engine) 220, including the engine, mount, centrifugal clutch, and jackshaft. I'm going to sell 212s for a total of 280, including parts, and labor. just use craigslist bikes, a predator from HF, a centrifugal clutch, a CNC mount, and a go kart jackshaft and you got yourself a damn fast bike! the only reason my 66cc build was 250 is because i had to buy a few parts for it. just bought a new .62mm jet for my carb, cause the current one is causing 4 stroking ad high mid RPMs.
Selling 212 builds for $280? I'll believe it when I see it.

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
-chugs past yall with my chopper- Hey! How's the naysayers club? I hear they got some mighty fine haters over there!

Hahaha. But seriously guys, I can't wait to see your jaws drop! First, my 212 Kent. Then my 670cc chopper. And then out comes everyone who buys my bikes, happy as can be. If my builds break, just bring em in and I will fix em, even if it means buying a new frame.

I know you guys won't believe this until you see it because it is outlandish, foolish, and idiotic. But hey, weren't cars outlandish, foolish, and idiotic at first?

Yall are free to judge btw |:)

Last edited:

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
Yeah, I'm probably being a bit too optimistic on the people buying my bikes right off the bat. How 'bout this, once I get that chopper built, I'll head on up to Hood River. BTW, I'm also going to buy a Venture. 1200cc motorcycle, which means a lot of bike for my skinny frame. Heh, I guess oversized is just the way I roll.

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
It got bigger, but now its so grainy I can't see anything.
Ok. Sadly, my laptop is out of commission, so the next time i have access to a computer for an hour, I will recreate this frame with an enlarged thumbnail. (god,that sounds like I have a medical problem, lol)

There really isn't too much to see. It's a 2D representation of the frame geometry. The frame will accept a 26x3.25 rear wheel with a 7 speed cassette, as indicated in the first post. The front will be a 700x38c dual wall alloy. There will be two downtubes to house the mounting plate. This whole frame I designed to fit the 670cc with a bit of breathing room. As I'm sure you can see, there is a disc brake mount on the rear. I'll include the whole bike next time.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Okay, let me ask a technical question:

What's your gear ratios going to be in all 7 speeds?

Which sprockets will be on your engine, jackshafts and chainrings to attain your gear ratios?

At what rpm range will your most efficient hp and TQ be at?

On Monday, ask the AP students in the other classroom to help you out on this one.