two stroke cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

1000w

Aug 19, 2008
As I said in the intro post, I got bored with the look of my stingray and wanted to build a new frame for the 66cc. I have quite a few donor bike in the work shop so raw materials weren't a prob. This frame has 4 donor bikes for tube and the stingray for wheels, forks, and handle bars, plus some lengths of 1"x 1.6mm tube.
I'll attach some photos that show the progress over the past 4 days, they are pretty self explanitary.
Cheers,
Matt.

Attachments

1000w

Aug 19, 2008
Yes I forgot to mention, no pedals on this one. I have a centrifical clutch and pull start kit on order, which also allows me to run a free wheeling hub on the rear sprocket. I never liked the friction and noise when coasting with the direct drive set up. My electric cruiser is also set up with a free wheel rear end, best way to go IMO.
Cheers,
Matt.

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
By the look of that frame it would take anything up to a 250cc - looks indestructable and very pretty as well...

I'd love to do similar but I dont think my landlord would like me doing welding in the front room lol

Nice idea with the engine mount - you might want to make it three point though - those bushes will make it wobble.

Jemma xx

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Nice idea with the engine mount - you might want to make it three point though - those bushes will make it wobble.

Jemma xx
You have a point there. I'm wondering if you could make a mount that uses two of the head bolts. Like have a plate that connects to the bolts, then have that connect to the frame in a similar fashion as the bottom mounts.

1000w

Aug 19, 2008
Frame is at the powder coaters right now. I should be collecting it tomorrow and starting assembly. I will post photos.
Cheers,
Matt

Jesuswon1

Jul 25, 2008
so... how did the motor mounts work in your mock up?? did you run it at all before you sent it to powder coat?

1000w

Aug 19, 2008
The mounts are untested at this stage, however the engine felt solid enough and didn't seem to wobble when I applied force by hand. Time will tell.
Cheers,
Matt.

1000w

Aug 19, 2008
The bike is finished and works brilliantly. The centrifical clutch, pull start and rear free wheel is awesome. Starts first pull, and it is so nice to coast almost silently without the drag of the chain.
Engine mounts work really well, a lot less vibration, and the engine doesn't wobble.
Cheers,
Matt.

Attachments

Jesuswon1

Jul 25, 2008
BRILLIANT!!! (^) She looks great! what type of chain tensioner are you using on the rear frame member? Truely a great looking custom ride... (c) makes me want to learn to weld and also braze How about some video of a cruise?