What's your average speed?

GoldenMotor.com

What's your average speed/ total weight on the tyres?

• Total voters

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
For your next update...
Bike... Roadmaster MTB
Engine.... 66cc pk80
Drive... 44t ( for now)
Road weight.... about 265 lb
Cruise speed... 30 to 35mph
Max speed... 42mph (so far )
Carb.... stock nt (again, for now)
Exhaust... modified KTM
Head... 6cc Fred head
Extensive porting and piston mods as well as balanced to run high rpm.

fredric3144

Oct 22, 2012
lufkin tx
I cruise at about 25 mph . Top speed is about 45 mph but the bike starts vibrating starting at about 30 mph and gets progressively worse . But I am not in any great hurry I ride mostly for fun . Will be glad when winter is over so I can putter putter around again ..wee.

fredric3144

Oct 22, 2012
lufkin tx
Ok I confess it is not that cold here if it snows here I go outside take a couple of pictures . I do not go out in it at all even with 4 wheels . The people here have no idea how to drive in snow it is dangerous . The main one who like the snow here are the wrecking companies and body shops . If we get 1 or 2 inches of snow even the schools close .

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Bike... Micargi Beach cruiser (need to upgrade that frame stat!)
Engine.... Crystalyte Hub Motor
Batteries...72V 15AH Lifepo4 split into two groups of batteries
Farthest distance on single charge... 22miles
Road weight.... Unknown
Cruise speed... 25 to 35mph (Its hilly here in austin :p)
Terrain- City streets with many steep hills.
Max speed... 42mph (Very downhill)

Did the gentleman from Texas just say winter? Huh! :eek: Yeah, it's not quite as much fun riding in the cold... but hang in there!

Hey! Ill have you know that it almost got below freezing the other night! How about them apples? some of the folks from up north that live here whoom normally wear flipflops and shorts all times of the year even put on closed toed shoes! :O

Last edited:

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Yup... Here in San Antonio everything shuts down if there's ice on the roads.. and if it snows any at all.
As far as the cold goes, I've been riding my motorcycles to work thru rain, sleet (that can hurt sometimes), and freezing temps. I think the coldest I've had to ride thru so far was 19F outside, but as long as I got my leathers on and my knuckles are protected it's no big deal to me.
I do ride the motorized bicycle to the resturaunt down the street in the mornings when it's freezing outside, but won't ride it in the rain because of the magneto issues and mine's not fully sealed because of the pull start.

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Really the only thing that would keep me off my bike is Torrential rain, I dont mind riding in a light drizzle. Its really the wet roads that gets me... Really need to do something for a front fender allready!
I also hate the wind. Its obviously not too bad usually, but its been pretty terrible once.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Turns out my speedo was set for the wrong wheel size when I posted in this thread...
All the numbers were accurate except the max speed, which was actually 29.3MPH with my stock rose motor and a 38 tooth rear sprocket.
Now running a ported 66cc and it has already done over 30 but is still on the first tank, so max is not attainable safely yet...

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Way back I was keeping track of MPG but found my average speed on both 2 and 4 strokes was just under 16 MPH. The tests were all done with GPS.
Which contrary to popular belief, is just not that accurate. I own 5 and each one will say it is going 1 to 2 MPH sitting on a work bench.

So, I sometimes race em.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Yup... the GPS can read a mph or 2 sometimes just sitting there, but you can compare it's readings once moving by putting it in your car and comparing with the car's speedo as most late model cars are pretty accurate. Probably the most accurate way to check speed is by radar readings, but then ya need a radar gun and either a second person to record the readings or a tripod and an open stretch where you could run the same distance in both directions then average out the results if different.

Some of the aftermarket gauge companies are making GPS speedometers for cars and motorcycles with much faster sampling rates so the analog needle moves up smoothly and as quickly as a mechanical unit during acceleration. These are really nice for custom hot rods since there's just 2 or 3 wires to connect... the battery, the ground, and the backlighting. They're still kinda expensive now, but the price should come down as they catch on.

redneck82

May 25, 2014
concord, nh
trek 800 frame
china girl 66(80)cc
44t rear sprocket
road weight- no clue
rider weight- avg. 145 + gear
average speed- 28 (gps speedo app for android, 12 mile ride)
hilly terrain through towns
top speed down hill 36+/-
i've only gauged one ride so far, still improvements to make...

i'm right there with ya!

last few rides have been in temps around 6-10F

Mean.motor

Mar 14, 2014
Brampton, ON
Frame = Triumph Challenger
Engine = 66cc (80cc w/e) ZB-Jet-80 (zoom bicycle)
28 tooth sprocket
Rider weight = 190 with tools in backpack and helmet
Speedo = Shwinn
Top speed flat = 70 km/hr
Top speed downhill = 78.4 km/hr - 48.7 mph (with a stock muffler no cap)

Bikes slow off the start but is *****IN when shes movin. xct2

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Seems to be Zero as the fricking thing rarely ever runs...
Please find your numbers and edit your post.

If you're having problems with your MAB, there are many posts in the archives that will help, or, you can ask for guidance. Someone here will assist you.

THIS thread is about average speed. Please exercise common sense, and post accordingly.

Trey