Guys HELP PLEASE!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Running 16:1 will not make it four stroke, it will make it run lean (fuel to air ratio), and ruin the plug.

Don't do it, even for one tank.

Also, no need or reason to run a projected tip plug.

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
Very true,,
You can run as much oil as you want in a 2 cycle without 4 cycling as long as the ,motor(carb) is jetted properly for the climate and mixture :)

I broke my first build in by the book using 16:1,,it 4 stroked unless I was pulling a hill or had a load on the motor,,i thought it was too much oil personally..the second build I used 32:1 for break in dino/castor,,did not notice much difference other than less smoke/slobbering and oil dripping from the muffler...think from now on I will break em in using 32:1,, that's the way Ive been doing it in my Japanese race engines for over 35 years and never had a problem with piston,rings,or bearings.

Good times

Tom :)

Last edited:

rdog422

Apr 14, 2013
Troy, Alabama
OMG,,why and how are they getting so much $$ for these kits,only difference I saw was the throttle grip,upgraded carb,sticker on the primary cover,and maybe a little spray paint.I got my last two kits off epay for $139 free ship.I had no problems with missing parts or motors not working.I did hear if you have to get in touch with the seller for a return or warrenty service,,they are a bear to deal with,,so I pretty much just fix,and mod things myself.If your a handy guy epay is the way to go,,if not,,you may want to go through Bikeberry or somebody like that,,they carry a 6 mos warranty on the kit,, that's really good,,i would have a hard time giving a 30 day if I was selling these china kits without going over them...lol
The one he wants is a little different, it got the integrated CDI. But for that price you should just get a 4 stroke.

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
Yeah for that price you can get a china girl off epay and work it to the hilt.

2 strokes truck 4 strokes s***!

Just an old saying from when we where kids,,I own many 4 strokes and love them also :)

Tom

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
I break in a new motor with the first gallon 20:1 mix, second gallon 24:1 mix, from there after I run 32:1 mix. 16:1 is a bit much oil and 32:1 is a bit light for break in IMHO. I stick on 32:1 mix because I would rather have a well lubricated motor and fouled plug than a dry dead motor. In my experience I don't get excessive smoke or oil dripping from the muffler (or fouled plugs for that matter) from running 32:1 mix.

And just for the record, running a mix with more oil will LEAN up your mix, not richen it (as the oil in the mix will displace gas, less gas means leaner mix).

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
32:1 and break it in like you are going to use it.
40:1 once it has three or four tanks of fuel through it.
Wait until it's broken in before trying to tune it.