What do I have here?

GoldenMotor.com

Horse Shack

Jul 31, 2011
Ford City Pa
Hello all, new to the forum. Been a vintage scooter guy for years then I stumbled onto this thing. Ive been trying to identify the year. Anything you can tell me about this old girl? I recieved it from a friend for doing mechanical work on his old plymouth and he gave me this as payment. Dont know where to start.

Attachments

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I don't know much, but it looks to me like you got enough wizzer parts to swap off and get yerself a shiny wallyworld bike and a ht kit!

Good luck!
rc

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing your find with us.
I'm not sure exactly what it is but I certainly wouldn't get rid of it. Didn't the guy you got it from have any history at all?
Keep it, restore it. Start by taking that engine apart carefully and seeing what's inside.
LOL, heck, if you can fix a Plymouth you should be able to do something with that basket case.
Good luck and keep us informed on what you do with it. Also if you find out what you have let us know. The gas tank alone is worth a couple of bucks.
Tom

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
It's a Schwinn frame Whizzer... Post the serial #s (& where they are stapmed on the frame), & I can tell you what day it was made.

I don't see any extra factory engine tabs welded onto the frame?, so it might be just a regular Schwinn that someone tried to convert into a Whizzer??

Last edited:

Horse Shack

Jul 31, 2011
Ford City Pa
Thanks for the warm welcome. No I dont have any history on the bike at all. I feel I can do something with it, just want to identify first so I know what to look for. Where would the serial numbers located? I dont see any a first glance.