Hello and seeking feedback

GoldenMotor.com

Moto Fury

May 11, 2011
Mass
Hello Motorized Bikers, I am hoping to get your feedback on a couple of bikes I've built and ask if you think these would sell? I've recently had my job eliminated at my company and I either need to find a new one or create my own. If anyone has experience in doing this I would love to chat with you about it.

The first bike is a two stroke Polini powered engine on a modified Felt bike frame (top tube was widened and sealed to create the gas tank). My own design jack shaft and custom bottom bracket (details of which I need to keep to myself at this time). Single line drive train, eight speed internal hub at the rear, Hydraulic front disk, custom exhaust. 75mpg, top speed of 35mph (geared not to go faster, but it would easily)

The second bike is a four stroke Honda with a custom built auto clutch, custom aluminum gas tank, exhaust, intake, re-jetted, electric start (my own design). Again, my own design jack shaft and custom bottom bracket (details of which I need to keep to myself at this time). Single line drive train, three speed internal hub at the rear, Hydraulic front and rear disk brakes. 125mpg, top speed of 30mph (geared not to go faster, but it would easily).

Thanks and I look forward to reading your comments (good and bad….it all helps with development)
Andre

Attachments

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I definitely think you have a future as a MB builder. Whether you can make a living at it depends on so many variables that's it's hard to say for sure, but as far as building a nice bike, you got that part licked.

Hey, I love the handle bars on the 4 stroke. Can you tell me where I can buy a set like them?

MaxPower

Jul 1, 2009
Sierra Vista AZ
Those are some awesome bikes. They don't look cheap though. I'm dieing to know where you got some of those parts. I'm assuming most of it is custom. where did you get that disk brake adapter and how did you make an electric start on the honda? Did the roller brake fit on the stock felt internal gear hub? I know you said you won't divulge the jackshaft but Please please share as much as you can :).

Moto Fury

May 11, 2011
Mass
I definitely think you have a future as a MB builder. Whether you can make a living at it depends on so many variables that's it's hard to say for sure, but as far as building a nice bike, you got that part licked.

Hey, I love the handle bars on the 4 stroke. Can you tell me where I can buy a set like them?
Thanks biknut, I'll look up the info on the handelbars and get back to you. I tried out a few different ones before I setteled on this one. They are BMX handel bars I think, but like I said I'll look up the specs and get it to you.

Moto Fury

May 11, 2011
Mass
Those are some awesome bikes. They don't look cheap though. I'm dieing to know where you got some of those parts. I'm assuming most of it is custom. where did you get that disk brake adapter and how did you make an electric start on the honda? Did the roller brake fit on the stock felt internal gear hub? I know you said you won't divulge the jackshaft but Please please share as much as you can :).
Thanks MaxPower, glad you like the bikes; yes most of the parts are custom. The rear adapter for the disk brake is my design….its kinda cool (I think) as it allows you to still adjust the rear wheel to get the correct tension on the chain. The electric start was a little more complicated, again my own design. Using a modified starter for a 175cc ATV, relay, ignition key, starter button and kill switch for the same ATV. Running it as a total loss system. Getting about 50 starts between charges. The roller brake fit after cold setting (I think that’s what it’s called) the rear flanges. Easy to do with a threaded rod, 4 fender washers and 4 nuts. Just sandwich both flanges between the washers and nuts and then back the nuts out to spread (about 1 ½” more than you need), let sit that way for a few days, remove it all the rear end should now have enough space to accept the hub. As for the jackshaft, that is pretty straight forward (modified the frame to allow adjustment o f the jack shaft which is made up of an alum. Housing, needle bearings, hardened shaft, and pinion gear on one side and sprocket on the other- both are kept in place with keyways and set screws), it’s the bottom bracket that is trick….which I can’t say too much about except that when the motor is off or at idle there is no added rolling resistance from the motor or chains/sprockets. It was the thing that made me the craziest with this project….small displacement motors can make incredible amounts of torque thru gear reduction. However, the reverse is true when you try and pedal with the motor off and are just turning the sprockets, chains and clutch bell (it takes a lot of torque to turn them even without a load). Anyway, I hope to get this into production in the near future, so stay tuned. Thanks again.