my flea market 3 speed next

GoldenMotor.com

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
I have an 3 speed next bicycle … the hub looks kind of big .. And the bottom part of the frame looks big too…. Will a sprocket from a motor kit work ? will the motor mount with what comes with most kits?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You are gong to have a lot of work ahead of you to fit the engine in that space. I have a Next and I am not going to even try to mount one up in that space.

The rear hub is too big, and will require a lot work to get the hub to fit.

It will be easier to find a bike to fit your engine than fitting the engine to that bike.

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
Re: my flea market 3 speed next - yep a huge headac

You are gong to have a lot of work ahead of you to fit the engine in that space. I have a Next and I am not going to even try to mount one up in that space.

The rear hub is too big, and will require a lot work to get the hub to fit.

It will be easier to find a bike to fit your engine than fitting the engine to that bike.
yep a huge headach , bike didnt cost but $50.00 I would rather throw it away and keep the engine than go through this misrable task .... lol ... im going to post an topic on a push bike trailerzpt for ideas ... thanks for the reply though

Randog707

Oct 18, 2009
Fairfield,ca
I did some online checking on those next bikes,and yeah it looks like it would a gaint headache,if this is going to be your first build I would go with something easier like a standard mountain bike or beach cruiser,once you get a few bikes under your belt,then try to fab something up for that next bike,It would be cool to see one of those motorized.