Looking for a non bulky 12v battery for my motorized bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

Flying O MB

Jan 18, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas
Anyone out there know of ant smaller 12v batteries that I could mount on my motorized bicycle to run a headlight a tail light. There is a wire off of the engine that puts off a little juice but not much. I am open to all suggestions.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Re: Looking for a non bulky 12v battery for my MB

I use 12 volt rechargeable SLA batteries on a couple of my MB's. They are pretty small, approx.
5 1/2 X 2 1/2". Will run a headlight, and tail light for several hours between charges. I also installed a 12 volt Motorcycle horn.
Here is a picture of one of the batteries on a little rack under the seat.

John

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

12 volt, 7 to 10 amp hour batterys are the way to go. They're small, easily mounted, rugged and will give you good light for well over an hour. Recharge with a small trickle charger and you're ready for another night of cruising. I did learn something from an engineer from a major battery manufacturer. He said mounting the SLA (sealed lead acid) style on their sides and subjecting them to vibration and shock can shorten their life. I mount all mine vertical and have no problems. I typically run a 30 watt sealed beam headlight and one bike has a 55 watt.

Tom

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY

I use a cordless drill batterry, plenty of power for my head and taillight,cheap and only weighs a pound or two.

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia

2 pcs of R/C battery... 7.2 volts each, so it can give 14.4 volts... I've been wanting to try this out to power a motorcycle airhorn... but don't have the time yet for this... Let's get loud!!!

:)