what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
It rained all day. So built a lot of my Lightening cdis to suppress my I can't go riding depression boo hoo
. And its going to rain all weeeeekkkk.
sorry for not knowing already, but what is your lightning cdi??

And today I'm off to a local welders shop to have my sbp pipe PROPERLY attached. IDK who designed the header that its sold with but its complete ****.

The stock muffler header is literally PERFECT for a tight fitting exhaust.

I'll post pics once I get mine welded since i'll have to uninstall it to do my high temp header wrap :D

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
Installed the extender today. A really long allen wrench is needed. Since extender must be mounted to bottom of quill, I found the derailer cables too short to let me mount it. Tried mounting extender before quill, tried both together, no luck. Had to unhook derailer cables, then mount, then reattach all cables - just barely had enough cable to reach OK.

On the plus side, cust is really happy & job was much easier than a handlebar swap, even feels more solid than I thought it would.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Freezing rain and sleet here tonight after it getting to 70* today.............talk about 'bi-polar'........sheeesssh!

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
today i blew out my rear coaster hub and lost the preformance air filter ... it broke off from vibration lol

ahhh more money more money

edit..... lol lol lol i told my fiance that my carb is broken now that the air filter is messed up, she said how much is it going to cost ? off the top of my head i say 80$ hunny lol

free pas for 80$ spending spree ! i do need to get to work after all lol lol lol

Last edited:

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Last night I completed my Wu Yang/Solex build. Well insofar as any bike can be said to be completed that is.

I purchased my Wu Yang brand new and all shiny when I was studying to be a social worker a good few years ago now. Being a poor student the Wu Yang was totally reliable transport for me and when I started work after qualifying my Wu Yang continued to provide sterling service until I could afford to buy a car (1954 Morris Minor). On fine days I would still sometimes ride the Wu Yang, - only as traffic increased and riding conditions became more dangerous I had to admit defeat and my lovely Chinese bicycle ended up out of use dangling from the garage rafters.
The red saddle bags date back to my student days and when I discovered that I still had them, back on the bike they had to go :D

Attachments

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Last night I completed my Wu Yang/Solex build. Well insofar as any bike can be said to be completed that is.

I purchased my Wu Yang brand new and all shiny when I was studying to be a social worker a good few years ago now. Being a poor student the Wu Yang was totally reliable transport for me and when I started work after qualifying my Wu Yang continued to provide sterling service until I could afford to buy a car (1954 Morris Minor). On fine days I would still sometimes ride the Wu Yang, - only as traffic increased and riding conditions became more dangerous I had to admit defeat and my lovely Chinese bicycle ended up out of use dangling from the garage rafters.
The red saddle bags date back to my student days and when I discovered that I still had them, back on the bike they had to go :D

I really enjoyed the summertime pictures! I am in the middle of a freezing rain/ice storm as I type.

Neat story, also!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I really enjoyed the summertime pictures! I am in the middle of a freezing rain/ice storm as I type.

Neat story, also!
Oh yeah nce pics they are..... and I know your pain...... upper 20's and ice all over everything here in Central Texas and I have to get up early in the morning and drive 200 miles round trip in this mess, I guess if y'all dont ever hear from me again on here you'll know I didnt make it back in one piece...... people dont do good on ice and snow in these parts and the town Im driving to has reported 53 accidents before 5pm today already.... ouch!

Map
.wee.

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming

Neat story, also!
Negative 4 degrees right now, snow storm already passed. On the plus side we only have 5 and a half months left of this, I hope....

Dan.

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
Completed a 48 mile run to valley forge national park. The bikes look sweet in a bigass arch at sunrise.

We left at 1120 last nite, got back about 1015 this morning hahaha. So many deviations and slight mechanical issues.

My bike has a brand new (well with 48 miles) fred motor on it and for some reason the clutch is giving me trouble. It doesnt want to adjust and hold adjustment. Or grab at all sometimes. Ive yet to do any more than adjust the cable stop on the clutch arm and fiddle with the fine adjust in the clutch compartment. Anyways fiddling will be done tomorrow as im beat as anything from our errr expedition.

Matt