Newbie:

GoldenMotor.com

bucket

Aug 9, 2009
Ft. Wayne, IN.
Just joined. I am retired from my daily job after 40 yrs. and own a small engine repair shop. I have built go-kary racing engines for years, both B&S and Honda's. I have just acquired a OCC Stingray, my Grandsons tell me that should motorize it. I though about a B&S will not work to tall or A GX160 Honda to wide. Maybe a 110cc. Seeing how this will be my first attempt at powering a bicycle I will have plenty of questions. Such as where to acquired the parts that I might need. Thank you for your time. Don B.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place for answers and assistance. There are quite few do-it-yourself builders here who have installed all sorts of power plants on bikes. If you're interested in the larger, bulkier engines that will not lend themselves to an in-frame installation you might want to explore the rack mount; Where the engine is located over the rear wheel. Have fun and keep us posted on your build.
Tom

bucket

Aug 9, 2009
Ft. Wayne, IN.
Thank you 2door and Cabinfever1977 for your welcome. I have a few projects in the shop to finish and then I start on the bike. I will keep you posted on the bike. Don B.