The little problem I had

GoldenMotor.com

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
Well the little problem I had was this. First today I was riding and the piece that hooks on to the spark plug broke, ok so I went home and fixed it (changed it) then I couldn't get my bike to turn over so I checked the wireing. I used crimp connectors to hook everything up and they got loose. So I direct connected everything good to go for like 10 miles right. Went back home checked my wireing everything was good but I took off my magneto, the blue wire just came off and the ground (the little wire protruding from the magneto with the crap solder). What I did to fix it was just cut the white wire off because I do not use it and re soldered the blue wire and the ground/ ground wire, but I used a thicker gauge wire. Then bang ignition, I noticed after I used better quality wire for the blue and ground I am getting better spark (I also made the wire 9" long).

But I am thinking what is the reason why I have to re tighten the magneto bolts every time I ride (I used lock tight this time and I will check before I go out tomorrow).

.bf.

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
So today my bike died again this time no spark at all I am thinking the magneto or the cdi I will order both and replace both just to make sure. Well looks like my bike is down again for a few weeks.

I just might buy a new kit and then do the engine mods to it before I even start it for the first time, it will go good with the new bike I going to get.