i'm going to call this O. spoftc floating axel

GoldenMotor.com

spoftc

Jun 2, 2015
Orting, Wa
its solid axel w/bearings on the end. They are the end caps from a spicer / ford universal to be continued w/ straps sprocket and spr.mount spokes wheel ect to replace the current hub pictured here. the frame will eventually be modified to accept this custom axel solid in the middle with end cap bearings on the outside inch of the axel on either end .

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I just have one quick question here........why? Heavy duty-ness, to be different, too many parts laying around and too much time on your hand?

Just curious. Not such a quick question I guess laff

spoftc

Jun 2, 2015
Orting, Wa
straps like the straps that hold on a universal between two yokes at thee end of an automobile driveline. Im probably max weight and speed for a bicycle axel and bearings. bearings in the recent past needed retightened or replaced often. the problem is already under control with hub and spokes Laced into the 20 inck bmx (or 15 if u use a tape measure ) the "spoftc floating axel" is not only tricked out heavy duty it will accept reg bicycle spokes and has a smaller bmx look as aposed to the current motorcycle hub pictured center

spoftc

Jun 2, 2015
Orting, Wa
furthermore, Im having a good time making it. I enjoy taking things in a new direction, All the while (abandoning the pedals completely ) trying to be a little faster than the guy accross town cause who knows what he is brewing in his garage !?? its called my struggle. I dont know who wrote motorized bicycle newbie underneath my computer stage name but what i do know is when i see you out on the road on your mtrzd bike your gonna get smoked by a newbie

Attachments

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
furthermore, Im having a good time making it. I enjoy taking things in a new direction, All the while (abandoning the pedals completely ) trying to be a little faster than the guy accross town cause who knows what he is brewing in his garage !?? its called my struggle. I dont know who wrote motorized bicycle newbie underneath my computer stage name but what i do know is when i see you out on the road on your mtrzd bike your gonna get smoked by a newbie
Not unless you're geared to go 70mph......wanna race?

Have fun with your build, it's the best thing about these bikes!

Last edited:

spoftc

Jun 2, 2015
Orting, Wa
fe fi fo fum (nice bike ) but i'm not backen down !xct2xct2.not at 40 not at 50 not at 70 . i do tho gotta admit i am not geared to go 70 at this time not even 50 . but even a newbie can change a sprocket . I see a number plate on the front of your hot rod do you race the bike somewhere?

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
The newbie title goes away as you post more, it's all done by post count but there is a way you can change that title yourself in the user settings...
That's a wicked setup you got and I'm glad to see you're bullet proofing the weak spots since you got a lot more engine than most of us... I'm sure that one accelerates like a bomb if it's geared to top out just under 50mph.... have you made any videos of it in action yet?

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
fe fi fo fum (nice bike ) even a newbie can change a sprocket . I see a number plate on the front of your hot rod do you race the bike somewhere?
Yes, it's my race bike #3 and it races on oval and GoKart tracks here in SoCal.....

Would you like to see some video of the bike in action?

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Got to be carefull with Spicer joints as they can be crushed with to much fighting 7 ft. Pounds max on the clamps bolts. ....... Curt