I give it throtle and it just revs wont move forword

GoldenMotor.com

Paula

May 21, 2013
Bonneylake
I can start it up just fine but when i give it throttle the engine just revs i bought the bike 3 days ago and it was running great i was riding and i poped the back tire and i replaced it and got one good run and then it started doing this i figured it was because it was low on fuel so i filled it up and still it wont move without pedaling lol i also thought the throttle cable could be loose but it still revs i also noticed if u turn the little lever thing the gas leaks but if ur turn it the other way the gas sits in the tube. the gas leaks alot and makes puddles on the engine. I noticed theres like grime in the cracks on the engine where it comes apart should i open it up and clean everything out?

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
I can start it up just fine but when i give it throttle the engine just revs i bought the bike 3 days ago and it was running great i was riding and i poped the back tire and i replaced it and got one good run and then it started doing this i figured it was because it was low on fuel so i filled it up and still it wont move without pedaling lol i also thought the throttle cable could be loose but it still revs i also noticed if u turn the little lever thing the gas leaks but if ur turn it the other way the gas sits in the tube. the gas leaks alot and makes puddles on the engine. I noticed theres like grime in the cracks on the engine where it comes apart should i open it up and clean everything out?
Greetings and Welcome to the forum
I have no clue, but other more experienced and not so experienced
riders:) will try to help.
But I know they'll ask these questions so I can get this out of the way right now!
2 stroke or 4 stroke? what size 49cc or 66cc, oil /fuel ratio if 2 stroke?
rear sprocket size? and if you could post a pic or two that would help!
Again welcome you've come to the right place
Ron R

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
well I can tell you you are going to need to fix the leak
but I'm sure you know that, teflon tape around threads works well and I would
replace fuel line and new filter about $5 at any auto store,
now I know this is going to sound like a stupid question but sometimes
the simplest things set us back, did you put chain back on the left side?.duh.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
The rev and no movement could be because you got gas or oil or grease on the clutch pads-

they may dry out in a few days- check the clutch linkage otherwise- you may have to eventually replace the pads

I once got some grease on mine after greasing the flywheel gears- and it had those symptoms- I was about to order new clutch pads- but they dried out and it went away-

probably wet from the gas

Jim C

Jul 11, 2010
Long Beach Calif
If the motor is running and revs it is not getting power to the rear wheel. Gas to the motor has nothing to do with it. The motor is getting gas or it would not rev up. It may be the clutch, drive sprocket, chain or somewhere in between. I will assume the drive chain is connected and on the small sprocket. Check to make sure the driven small sprocket has a key in it to drive the sprocket. The shaft may be spinning inside the drive sprocket.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If the motor is running and revs it is not getting power to the rear wheel. Gas to the motor has nothing to do with it. The motor is getting gas or it would not rev up. It may be the clutch, drive sprocket, chain or somewhere in between. I will assume the drive chain is connected and on the small sprocket. Check to make sure the driven small sprocket has a key in it to drive the sprocket. The shaft may be spinning inside the drive sprocket.
I concur, but I'd also take a close look at your clutch cable adjustment. Did you change anything when you were repairing the flat? You had to remove the rear wheel. Did you touch the clutch cable?

I'm curious how you're starting the engine if the clutch isn't engaged. Are you actually positive the engine is running? I'm not sure what you mean when you say "the engine revs". With the bicycle stopped after you've "started" it, is the engine sitting there idling until you twist the throttle?

Tom