land speed record

GoldenMotor.com

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
dude , buy a motor cycle if you want speed . its insane to try to get these bikes past 40 mph for a couple reasons, most MB'ers dont wear full face helmets and we all usually do not ride with leather protective gear , and a face plant at 40 mph is kinda hard on your body ya know.

These bikes are meant for easy cheap transportation at a fun and slower pace than a moped or motor cycle. enjoy them for what they are and quit thinking about land speed records. But if you do go for it , make a video I would love to see the accident waiting to happen video .

LOL good luck

neophyte340

Apr 7, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I think I saw a video on court tv a few years back , that had an interview with a guy whos special bike broke during a downhill run. I think the the fork broke from the freakin super sonic speeds this guy was gettin.
I dont think it was over 100 mph....it couldnt have been...it was quite fast needless to say .

greasemonkey

Sep 24, 2009
Redondo Beach
I know it has been a while. But im back in the game. And im going for the world record. Building my frame and using a custom 80cc motor. Might try it this summer. Wish me luck. I have a new company call SIKK SKOOTERS. check it out.

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
hahahaha.. its funny that most folks sit and think they are going fast on a mb.. and start to dream about the speed record.. i have a french buddy that has spent the last 5 years building engines for the 50cc mod moped class (real high end stuff!! no china crap!!) and he has not been able to get it yet.. its at like 87mph and he is hitting 83 or so.
what some folks dont realize is the heat and 3000+ elavation is what keeps folks from breaking the records.. a bike that is tuned for diifrnt elavations and then is taken their to race wont do well.. the saly is bumpy and rough also... and you may only have this year to get it as they are trying to preserve the salt and may not run the race any more!! hurry and get you some!

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
The truth is, we don't know you or your abilities. All this negative input may inspire you to be the next record holder. Do your research and then decide to go for it.