what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Today, I bought a neck brace for riding:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NECK-BRACE-...pt=Race_Car_Parts&vxp=mtr&hash=item58915f62f2

It is red, and will match my red motorcycle helmet and red chest protector.

It will be part of my Iron Man riding outfit.dance1

I also bought a leather jacket for $101.00:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Lea...SA_MC_Blazers_Sport_Coats&hash=item337074585b

My red chest protector and elbow/forearm guards should be able to fit underneath.

It will be part of my Rocketeer riding outfit.dance1

Last edited:

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh

just got my pirate cycles 36 tooth sproket and adapter,5 min install,love it buying one for my occ build,highly recomended.

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ

Installed a shifter KIT 2 day ^_^ :)
kinda wish i never sold mine now.. how do you find the shift kit?
Whatever you do dont follow trucks to get unreal speeds....and dont go to the ancient indian burial ground :-/

On another note I was riding hm from wk this morning in thick mist I was actually wet by the time I got hm.. never realised how much the high humidity knocks the performance around.

Last edited:

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

I'm finishing up the dishes and going to go ride mine, alone. lol. I'm hoping some people call /write for the DMBR, else I will just sleep half a day and go to the firing range instead.

I started a club for metal fans/bicyclists/mb riders, also.

I'm pretty bored here. Too rainy to mtn bike lately.

Dallas MB ride and Pizza dinner, Feb 19 Sunday, 2012, Message for details. If it rains, we can move it another week. 50 mile ride starting at White Rock Lake in Dallas, buffet pizza.

I didn't do anything to mine today but buy a spark plug, and I'm getting a section of radiator hose for a air intake tunnel for the Tanaka33.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

Five years ago, I had a trailer project w/a BOB trailer and a 6hp Robin EX17 169cc overhead cam engine. I bought the new engine on Ebay for $105.00. Unfortunately, the engine was locked up and the crank wouldn't spin. I also realized a bike "pulling" a trailer @ 45mph might draw too much attention, so I shelved the project.

With so many huge engines being installed mid-frame bikes lately, I decided to pull the 40lb. Robin engine/Comet CVT off the shelf. After removing the fuel tank, air cleaner and muffler, 5 lbs. were lost. The engine had been packed very well for shipping. However, the seller had used "peanut" styrofoam, which jammed every nook and cranny of the engine's outer surface. After removing the pullstart and engine sheet metal, I found a stray bolt stuck on the magnetic pickup. Removing the bolt freed the engine, allowing the crank to spin free!

So now I have a new, trimmed-down 6hp Robin/Subaru engine w/Torq-A-Verter, awaiting another project. dance1

http://robinamerica.com/pfeatures.aspx?pid=8
http://gokartsusa.com/subarurobin6hpengine-2.aspx

The more I research this engine, the more I realize it is a truly OUTSTANDING one.

Annnd, it is EPA compliant!

Last edited:

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah

Built a friction drive in the last few days. The first from a kit, also with a clutch. It was a BGF kit, I do not advise anyone using this kit unless you are a machinist fabricator, this is defiantly not a install and go kit. After completely rebuilding this thing I got it installed on the bike. I like the friction drive thing, except for the looks. It could be easy to install if you get the correct kit, (not this one) The engine is large I don't think you need an engine this big or powerful. It is fast as the kit uses a large roller. As you know the size of the roller dictates the top speed, It acts as a literal wheel the larger the faster you could go. If I were to build another I would use this kit and find another engine to go with it, you can see the quality in there kit. bikemotorparts.com Have fun, Egor

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee

. If I were to build another I would use this kit and find another engine to go with it, you can see the quality in there kit. bikemotorparts.com Have fun, Egor
when you go to that site you get....
Homestead
Sorry, the site you requested has been disabled
no longer around

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah

Yank - I was just there the other day, I guess Staton is the only one left.
Any way this is different I have built so many frame kits, too bad the BGF kit is so bad. Egor
when you go to that site you get....
Homestead
Sorry, the site you requested has been disabled
no longer around

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee

Yank - I was just there the other day, I guess Staton is the only one left.
Any way this is different I have built so many frame kits, too bad the BGF kit is so bad. Egor
Its been well known since i joined this site that they went under.
Has been talked about in MANY threads on this forum and the other forum.
It is not new news.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

BMP is out of business, website down now.

Try www.thatsdax.com
I have 2 and like them very much.

Built a friction drive in the last few days. The first from a kit, also with a clutch. It was a BGF kit, I do not advise anyone using this kit unless you are a machinist fabricator, this is defiantly not a install and go kit. After completely rebuilding this thing I got it installed on the bike. I like the friction drive thing, except for the looks. It could be easy to install if you get the correct kit, (not this one) The engine is large I don't think you need an engine this big or powerful. It is fast as the kit uses a large roller. As you know the size of the roller dictates the top speed, It acts as a literal wheel the larger the faster you could go. If I were to build another I would use this kit and find another engine to go with it, you can see the quality in there kit. bikemotorparts.com Have fun, Egor

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

I rode mine 110 miles today, on just a little over 1 gallon. I had 2 flats though from using cheap crappy thin tubes and riding on the shoulder where the svc. road ended.

I am installing a handlebar mounted kill switch ASAP. I got pulled over by police and did not want to reach behind my back for the killswitch on the friction drive bracket. He said turn it off, and I hollered where the switch was. He saw it and told me to push it. I probably would have been better off if I'd bought a better quality flashing light and added reflector tape before the trip. And the bar mounted switch would maybe make things easier if pulled over. "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOIN', RIDIN' IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD?" Better have an answer for that question handy if you ride MB bikes. Don't smart off either. I didn't, but he kind of thought I had, at first.

TEM

Jun 28, 2009
Va

i have a slight problem with my carb and intake manifold. I recently installed a boost bottle. once everything was done i went to put it all on and when i tested it out, i noticed that the vibration from the motor was vibrating the carb right off the manifold! I took it off and retightened the carb back down but it happened again. I even used black silicone to hopefully seal the carb to the manifold keep it from slideing off but it still slid off the manifold. i finally came to the conclusion that my intake manifold is too small for my carb. any ideas on how to increase the diameter of the manifold so the carb can tighten down on it more?

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

i have a slight problem with my carb and intake manifold. I recently installed a boost bottle. once everything was done i went to put it all on and when i tested it out, i noticed that the vibration from the motor was vibrating the carb right off the manifold! I took it off and retightened the carb back down but it happened again. I even used black silicone to hopefully seal the carb to the manifold keep it from slideing off but it still slid off the manifold. i finally came to the conclusion that my intake manifold is too small for my carb. any ideas on how to increase the diameter of the manifold so the carb can tighten down on it more?
what carb are you running?

TEM

Jun 28, 2009
Va

Im running a High Performance CNS Carburetor the one with the blue cone shaped air filter (not the v2 with the red plastic covered air filter

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah

Thanks I forgot about Dax. I have a few of his frame kits, they work pretty good. Just to tell how old they are both have the bushing small end. Duane has always treated me well. I wonder why his stuff does not come up on a Google search. Any way thanks for the help. Egor

BMP is out of business, website down now.

Try www.thatsdax.com
I have 2 and like them very much.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA

Five years ago, I had a trailer project w/a BOB trailer and a 6hp Robin EX17 169cc overhead cam engine. I bought the new engine on Ebay for $105.00. Unfortunately, the engine was locked up and the crank wouldn't spin. I also realized a bike "pulling" a trailer @ 45mph might draw too much attention, so I shelved the project.

With so many huge engines being installed mid-frame bikes lately, I decided to pull the 40lb. Robin engine/Comet CVT off the shelf. After removing the fuel tank, air cleaner and muffler, 5 lbs. were lost. The engine had been packed very well for shipping. However, the seller had used "peanut" styrofoam, which jammed every nook and cranny of the engine's outer surface. After removing the pullstart and engine sheet metal, I found a stray bolt stuck on the magnetic pickup. Removing the bolt freed the engine, allowing the crank to spin free!

So now I have a new, trimmed-down 6hp Robin/Subaru engine w/Torq-A-Verter, awaiting another project. dance1

http://robinamerica.com/pfeatures.aspx?pid=8
http://gokartsusa.com/subarurobin6hpengine-2.aspx

The more I research this engine, the more I realize it is a truly OUTSTANDING one.

Annnd, it is EPA compliant!
=====================================

So let me check if I got this right, your only talking about 1 engine that was bought on Ebay for $105 and, what it was as is and no returns? But I think I go this right, you kept it and then finally found out some parts stuck were due to a loose bolt around the flywheel and no you have it running or there abouts?

If so, great. Thats a big engine, the Briggs I have is only 3 hp and maybe is 120 cc or so I guess.

MT