Why I Started This Motor Bicycle Forum

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
My experience exactly with a very similar site with a very similar name. This site is way more comfortable for a newbie and a computer challenged guy like me. I'm still asking my very busy wife to help me with the computer, so forgive me if I do step on toes or post on the wrong thread. I was admonished and made to feel the a frat boy pledge on the other site. If I do ever run into a local know it all from the other site...
lol i was having my daughter help me all the time putting this all togather. she would say just do this dad and her fingers would move so fast i had no idea what she was doing but it would fix what i couldn't. we are all learning this computer stuff togather and it is a challenge. took me forever to learn to post a picture but most of it once you do it a few times it gets easier. something new to learn every day.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Welcome all from an old bug eatin' peddle crankin' wrench turnin' biker type old fool. My first bike was made out of a edger motor solid tires, (no wonder my back hurts so much) and old bike parts we found in trash cans. Shopping cart parts work well to. rotfl Later Tramp(c)

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i was wanting to set something up in the midwest this year. actually had a lot of plans but after last winter i decided it was time to move somewhere warm and came to the virgin islands. however if someone does put a meet togather i would definatly fly to the states to be a part of it
:ride:

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Is it just me or did somebody "clean up" the front page of the forum? It looks better, not so busy. Keep up the good work!!! (c) Walter F.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i have been making some small changes to make everything flow together nicely. when i was in school they were inventing calculators so i am slow but getting it done. thanks for noticing. your comments made all the work worth it (^)

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
CRUISER... I JUST WANT TO POST A THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR TIME AND EVERYTHING ELSE YOU HAVE INVESTED IN THIS FORUM!!.. (^) IT MUST HAVE TAKEN MANY HOURS OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES TIME. IT IS A PLEASURE TO HAVE THE FORUM. I WOULD THINK ALL THE OTHER MEMBERS FEEL THE SAME!! :ride2: RON.. PS -- THE ANIMATED ICONS ON MY RIGHT BORDER OF THE MESSAGE PAGE, TODAY SHOW MOST OF THE THIRD COLUMN. BEFORE TODAY, I WAS WONDERING WHERE THE OTHER MEMBERS WERE GETTING THE THE ICONS IN THE THIRD ROW. CAN I BUY A VOWEL ??? OPPS, I MEAN ICON ! rotfl :ride:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I have never been able to see all the icons, but yes I can see the third row now.....when you are making a post Neat, up at the top you will see a white happy face. If you click on that a new window will open up with all the icons.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Fairracing31 Thanks For The Tip.. Don`t Run So Darn Close To The Edge Of The Road. I Was Worried That You Mite Blow A Tire And Fly Off The Rite Side Of "a" Mountain . :crash: HAVE YOU SEEN MOTO MAN LATELY ? GOT MY FIRST FRICTION DRIVE TOGETHER. 49CC, WE THINK IT REACHES ABOUT 45 :eek: LOTS OF POWER WITH 1 1/4" DRIVE ROLLER. I GO CLOSE TO 300 LBS :( I DON`T EVEN MAKE A FULL TURN ON THE PEDDLES AND EASE INTO THE THROTTLE AND I`M GONE. I AM AMAZED AT THE PERFORMANCE. I THINK 49CC IS A BIT TO MUCH. I NEED TO GET A SPEEDO LIKE YOURS, WITH THE SENSOR. FUEL MILAGE SEEMS POOR. I NEED BIGGER ROLLER, BUT THEN WOULD BE PASSING TO MANY CARS !! :bike2: I CAN`T FIND THE WHITE SMILEY TO CLICK ON..

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
I always just click on the [More] at the bottom left of the icon box and another window will pop up with all the emoticons. I can also go full screen and see them all. But I have a widescreen monitor. You can also change the resolution on your monitor to get it all to fit in. but old eyes like mine need everthing big..........................

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Fairracing31 Thanks For The Tip.. Don`t Run So Darn Close To The Edge Of The Road. I Was Worried That You Mite Blow A Tire And Fly Off The Rite Side Of "a" Mountain . :crash: HAVE YOU SEEN MOTO MAN LATELY ? GOT MY FIRST FRICTION DRIVE TOGETHER. 49CC, WE THINK IT REACHES ABOUT 45 :eek: LOTS OF POWER WITH 1 1/4" DRIVE ROLLER. I GO CLOSE TO 300 LBS :( I DON`T EVEN MAKE A FULL TURN ON THE PEDDLES AND EASE INTO THE THROTTLE AND I`M GONE. I AM AMAZED AT THE PERFORMANCE. I THINK 49CC IS A BIT TO MUCH. I NEED TO GET A SPEEDO LIKE YOURS, WITH THE SENSOR. FUEL MILAGE SEEMS POOR. I NEED BIGGER ROLLER, BUT THEN WOULD BE PASSING TO MANY CARS !! :bike2: I CAN`T FIND THE WHITE SMILEY TO CLICK ON..
Aye Carumba! 45mph......No have not been on Moto man side of town lately.

You know, for no guard rail there not to many people go off there. We did have a guy a few years ago that committed suicide by driving his car off of the mountain.

Thanks Ilikeabikea...I never noticed the [more] there

The white happy face I was talking about neat is at the top with all the fonts, sizes, color...ect.

capturedbyrobots

Jul 24, 2008
I'm here now.
Gosh, that other site is drama drama drama.
2 stroke /4 stroke /hybrid/ battery/ whatever.
Whatever I ride it pollutes less than my 1972 Nova or 1972 Camper...
Looking forward to reading up in a nice environment.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
The page looks sooo much better since the rain here yesterday washed some of the "road grime" off my glasses. Bye Bye Dolly! I have seen some of them "other" forums, and they don't even hold a candle to us! Drama Queens and the likes. I won't be attending the Nobel awards this year but I sure know where Home Is.:) (c)

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
I am glad you did Paul. I started on the other one and found this one and really feel at home.

Last edited by a moderator:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Funny how things work out. A newbie (or spammer?) posts in Paul's original 'forum start' topic over two years ago so I read it all.

My hats off to you Paul, I have been in the forum community game for over a decade and glad to see you kept this one I want to be a part of since my new MB interest alive for 3 years come this Christmas.

Having sat on both sides of the fence between the admin side of usability like pics, sigs, post content, and the user side wanting to do whatever they want you strike a very good balance here.

I agree that responsible sized (640x wide) pics are crucial to many help topics, as is a little sig line if it is kept 'not to tall'.

I certainly can't speak for other members here, but I am the exact same person here as I was on 'that other site' but handed my hat and shown the door there.

Hehehehe, I can fondly recall being shown the door in my mid 20's to 30's a couple of times in real life, that's different and usually rewarding and memorable when you get older.
I have long outgrown that, but it's nice to see you won't just cut someone off here without a little effort to let them know what is OK and what is not, and from a forum posters point of view, you have things set up pretty well ;-}