Hello from PA, USA!

GoldenMotor.com

andy b.

Jul 14, 2010
PA, USA
Ever since I saw my first Whizzer and early Harley years ago I have wanted to put an engine into a bike frame. The calling has been getting stronger lately, so I've been doing some research and happened upon this site. I have an old (1992) GT Tequesta I was thinking of using for the bike for my project. What I want to do is frame-mounted and belt-drive (like the old Harleys). I can weld and have access to lathes and milling machines. I guess my search begins.....

andy b.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Hey Andy,
Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you've got an itch that needs some scratching. You came to the right place. Good that you have access to nice tool/machines and can weld which puts you in a better position than most of us here. Unless you're absolutely set on the bike you have, I'd spend some time wandering around the site some, looking at other people's builds and reading about their experiences... you might decide on something you like better. I'm not familiar with the bike you mentioned and a 1990 bike is what I call new. I like the stuff from the 50's and older. Feel free to ask anything you want. Lots of good and experienced people here willing to help.
SB

andy b.

Jul 14, 2010
PA, USA
Thanks for the welcome! I guess a 1992 isn't that old when compared to something from the 1940s or even 1920s. Maybe I'll go searching for some older iron to mount a motor into.

Jay,

I'm near Allentown, and I've been to Lebanon before. I just may try to stop out. I looked at the thread you linked to and saw the photos from last year. If this year's is even bigger, as it looks like it will be, a visit would be enjoyable.

andy b.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Jay,

I'm near Allentown, and I've been to Lebanon before. I just may try to stop out. I looked at the thread you linked to and saw the photos from last year. If this year's is even bigger, as it looks like it will be, a visit would be enjoyable.

andy b.
You're less than an hour from me. Hope to see you here on the 7th
Jay