problems with my engine

GoldenMotor.com

jeremyb954

Jun 17, 2010
coral springs florida
hi i was riding my motor bicycle today and going about 30mph and suddenly my back tire locked up so as soon as i stoped i tryed to start the engine in gear know the tire just moves freely seems like something isnt grabing the engine to start so took off the chain cover and know theres a pin coming out of the sproket and suggestions on what to do please!!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
hi i was riding my motor bicycle today and going about 30mph and suddenly my back tire locked up so as soon as i stoped i tryed to start the engine in gear know the tire just moves freely seems like something isnt grabing the engine to start so took off the chain cover and know theres a pin coming out of the sproket and suggestions on what to do please!!
That pin is supposed to be protruding from the sprocket. It is pushed inward by the cam in the clutch actuator cover. If you rear wheel locked up, that pin is not the problem. Is the chain still on? Is it the proper tension? A loose chain can bind inside the clutch actuator cover where it wraps over the drive sprocket. Is the clutch cable adjusted correctly? Possibly the cable stop, the small brass part that clamps onto the end of the clutch cable has slipped allowing the clutch to remain engaged. Check these things and get back to us.
Tom

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
look in the right side of the engine at the clutch parts under the clutch cover and see if they turn when you try to start the motor with the clutch in start position

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Is the engine actually turning over or just the chain going around? Sounds like you may have the clutch cable too tight. If you pull the clutch cover can you still spin the rear wheel freely?