Convert

GoldenMotor.com

jrol22

Mar 19, 2010
IL
I know that this has problably been posted before, but I cant find anything about it on the site.

Well I was wondering, is there ANY way to convert our china girls from pedal start to an electric start??

I'm curious since it would be pretty sick if it be possible...AND easier to start.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
It has been discussed but to date I know of no successful applications. There are electric start engines available, mostly 4 stroke versions but no commercially available electric start conversions for the Chinese 2 strokes. Why not design one? You'd have plenty of takers, I'm sure.
Tom

jrol22

Mar 19, 2010
IL
I own a 2 stroke with an electric start and was just curious, Its a bit different but still chinese thats why I was wondering. I think I'll play around with something...but when my im done with my second bike that way I'm not left without anything hehehehe.

Thanks tho!

jrol22

Mar 19, 2010
IL
Its not too hard to pedal I was just curious since I. Own a motor with an electric start.
Pedaling is like a cheapo version of kick starting hehe.

I just think it be nice to hop on and press a button and start it.
My other motor has a keyed ignition. Turn the key depress the brake and press the button.
If the battery is dead it has a pull start back up. Its going on my red chopper bike.

CoastalCruiser

Apr 28, 2010
Spaced Coast
Why over-complicate it?? These bikes are supposed to be as barebone as possible. There is a pull starter available if that would be cool enough for you.

jrol22

Mar 19, 2010
IL
A pull start would be nice. You know for those days where the engine doesn't want to start
When u pedal? Its happened twice to me. Where would I find one? I've looked on bike berry and nada.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
Did you check zoombicycles?
But you know it will stick out and be in the way of your peddals.

If you prime it a couple times than peddal and it will start easier.
If you ride for a while when its hot and it don't start back up right away,let it cool down.

Last edited:

Fabian

Sep 9, 2009
Australia - Melbourne
If someone designed and manufactured an electric start, i'd beat a path to their door, but i'd still beat a path to their door if they designed a slim line; compact and well engineered pull start system.

I've been pestering (make that begging) SickBikeParts to design such a system (slim line; compact and well engineered pull start system) and by now their ears must hurt from my constant encouragement to get such a system listed on their stock inventory.

Fabian