Clutch problem

GoldenMotor.com

Comrade Alfonzo

Jul 15, 2009
Whidbey Island, WA
I have had far too many problems, but my current one is a clutch problem. the clutch arm is pointed to the back right before I run into any resistance. If I try to activate it by pushing it towards the engine even all the way, I cannot disengage the engine. PLEASE HELP, if it didn't cost so mch to ship it I would honestly just give it to Spooky Tooth to get the bike done, I have just about had it after 4months of problems:-||

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
hey trust me...its probably gonna be fine...when the clutch is engaged the arm points straight back...set the cable to be at full extension in this position...the clutch disengages when the arm is pulled over the top of the motor...right now you are swinging that clutch arm around and there is no resistance...what you think is the end of the throw is actually where you will start getting spring tension....by the way its allot of spring tension....just keep building....trust me the clutch is fine

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
Ive had this problem, it was on a motor with 6-7000 miles on it and around 4500 or so the ball bearing was warn in side where the rod passes through the engine, this is behind the casing on the lever side, ive also had this problem when the clutch pads were warn out and i adjusted the flower nut to tight after replacing, if this is a new motor and the clutch worked fine before than i would listen to Noco, its probly an easy fix with the cable adjustment, good luck!!!

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I concur! check the ball bearing & the little rod inside the clutch shaft.
If you need to, you can make a slightly longer rod from a old screw driver shaft.

Comrade Alfonzo

Jul 15, 2009
Whidbey Island, WA
thanks guys, I'll try it as soon as I get time. Also if anyone is in the seattle area with an eligible multispeed frame fo cheap, I'm lookin for one since the '73 Schwinn 'Burban is just not workin (as soon as I got everything attached of course, haven't even fired it once)

Comrade Alfonzo

Jul 15, 2009
Whidbey Island, WA
da, the bike is epic lookin, and cause it's a 10 speed I can ride it on our hills around some local police that are notorious for fishin'. But the chainstays are to narrow and I can't fit the sprocket and chain in line, and bending 36 year old steel may be possible but with assorted washed out roads and a school parking lot made out of pothole patches it's pretty dumb, I'll see about sellin it if I find another eligible bike for my motor.