AMPT Frames?

GoldenMotor.com

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
I went to their site which is and isn't a "site". AMPT Bikes They are advertising here. The drawing looks good, I'm not sure about the 299.99 price. If it's as nice as they say then I think that's reasonable. I broke the downtube on my frame yesturday. Right at the top of the front motor mount (no i didn't crash). I sleeved over the outside for a temp fix and welded it up. I am going to need a new frame so I'm asking if anyone has any more info on these guys and their frame? I really like the "built in" tank. It says they will be available in October. I'm hesitant to preorder a frame they can't even post a picture of.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Here is a site with bikes with built in gas tanks real pricey at 450.00(with instant 100.00 off coupon)But I bet if you contact them they would be willing to just sell you a frame....This bike has the front shocks,44 tooth sprocket already installed,heavy duty 12 gauge rims (that cost at least 175.00 a set alone to replace any standard cruiser style bike)etc,etc, the list goes on

GT2 Bike [GT 2] - $550.00 : USABikeMotors.com, Star-Fire Motors and Parts

John-John
.shft.

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
Here is a site with bikes with built in gas tanks real pricey at 450.00(with instant 100.00 off coupon)But I bet if you contact them they would be willing to just sell you a frame....This bike has the front shocks,44 tooth sprocket already installed,heavy duty 12 gauge rims (that cost at least 175.00 a set alone to replace any standard cruiser style bike)etc,etc, the list goes on

John-John
.shft.
My bike #4 was built on a GT2 bike from these guys. I have to say I am VERY pleased with the quality of the bike. I don't know if you can buy just the frame or not but buying the entire kit is well worth the money in my opinion. The wheels have heavy duty spokes and the drive sprocket is mounted to the HUB, not the spokes. I felt compelled to remove the rear drum brake as being unnecessary (there's also a V-Brake on the rear) but if you do this, leave the actual drum on the wheel as it serves to secure the drive sprocket carrier.

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
This is a email I got from AMPT about the upcoming frame.

Junster, Thanks for your email. I will answer you questions below. The bottom bracket is standard usa, I have posted the frame measurements on the site now. The frames comes in a brushed aluminum with a low aqueous coat, like the light speed road bike frame. The gas cap bung is aluminum, and chrome cap. The tank holds .9 gallons. You will see picture of the frame after September 25th. We will be posting them and also the testing process we use to test the welds.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida

John-John
.shft.
This seems like a damn good deal to me ......no headache issues involving a tank....basically a plug and play..( gotta love that term ).would probably be easy to paint.( not too keen on the paint scheme ).hey !.that rhymes !...LOL!

Laters,
Salty.shft.

Last edited:

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
This seems like a damn good deal to me ......no headache issues involving a tank....basically a plug and play.....( gotta love that term )...would probable be easy to paint...( not too keen on the paint scheme ).....hey !....that rhymes !...LOL!

Laters,
Salty.shft.
That's not paint on the tank, it's a big sticker that can probably be peeled off with a little patience. I'm not uber fond of it either but I just left it on mine. Grubee and company really did their homework on these frames as I am really impressed with how they are built. I removed the drum brake on mine and ran it with just the v-brakes as I didn't want an extra lever on the handlebars with the clutch. When doing so you need to leave the drum itself on the tire as it keeps the hub that the drive sprocket is bolted to on.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
That's not paint on the tank, it's a big sticker that can probably be peeled off with a little patience. I'm not uber fond of it either but I just left it on mine. Grubee and company really did their homework on these frames as I am really impressed with how they are built. I removed the drum brake on mine and ran it with just the v-brakes as I didn't want an extra lever on the handlebars with the clutch. When doing so you need to leave the drum itself on the tire as it keeps the hub that the drive sprocket is bolted to on.
Since I've been a member of this forum my faith in humanity has slowly been restored.....each and everyone of us are willing and happy to help others....be it a thread or a hands-on help ( Red B66)...I can't put enough emphasis on how much I've learned here in the forum....I want to thank ALL of you .....

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
Here's a photo of my GT2 bike (motorbike #4 for me). I added the fenders as they don't come with the bike. That's a Grubee motor in it too.

Attachments

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Here's a photo of my GT2 bike (motorbike #4 for me). I added the fenders as they don't come with the bike. That's a Grubee motor in it too.

Monk,
How is the bike performing ?......it is such an awesome looking build.....whole thing just looks right ....such a pleasure to see such a fine build.....

Laters,
Salty.shft.

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
#4 (Grubee GT2 bike) runs pretty well. It's still in the break in period but the motor seems to be shaping up well. This is my second favorite bike. Once the motor breaks in and some new parts (a Dellorto carb, mainly) come in it might become my new favorite.

#1 ("Krazy 8" based on an Electra Coaster frame) is my favorite. It has a 55cc engine with the CNS carb on it and a K&N air filter. For some reason this bike just gelled into a perfect bike, so I lucked out on my first build. Even though it's a smaller engine than the rest (the others are all 66cc) this bike is the fastest. Probably due to the carb. The rear fold out baskets make this bike the perfect grocery getter.

#2 is a military bike built on a Greenline single speed cruiser frame. It was the build I did the most fiddling on because I wanted it to look a certain way. It runs and rides very nice but doesn't see as much use mainly because it's a little heavier just to move around with the motor off.

#3 is a bike I bought at a garage sale for $25. It's an AMF Roadmaster which is probably 25 years old or so. I painted it and added new tires (and re greased everything since I had it apart) then tossed in a spare motor I had. It runs well but the narrower tires make it a little rough to ride.

Attachments

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
Nice builds, thanks for posting pics. I just ordered a CNS carb should be here by Friday. I'm curious didn't your CNS come with a K&N "style" air filter?

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
my reply was on topic :)

no biggie

I wonder if it will look similar to the felt bike
Indeed.....and yeah !....that Felt looks like a great bike to build on....a tad above my budget but am still interested in how they may work....if anyone does use it let all of us know.....

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
#4 (Grubee GT2 bike) runs pretty well. It's still in the break in period but the motor seems to be shaping up well. This is my second favorite bike. Once the motor breaks in and some new parts (a Dellorto carb, mainly) come in it might become my new favorite.

#1 ("Krazy 8" based on an Electra Coaster frame) is my favorite. It has a 55cc engine with the CNS carb on it and a K&N air filter. For some reason this bike just gelled into a perfect bike, so I lucked out on my first build. Even though it's a smaller engine than the rest (the others are all 66cc) this bike is the fastest. Probably due to the carb. The rear fold out baskets make this bike the perfect grocery getter.

#2 is a military bike built on a Greenline single speed cruiser frame. It was the build I did the most fiddling on because I wanted it to look a certain way. It runs and rides very nice but doesn't see as much use mainly because it's a little heavier just to move around with the motor off.

#3 is a bike I bought at a garage sale for $25. It's an AMF Roadmaster which is probably 25 years old or so. I painted it and added new tires (and re greased everything since I had it apart) then tossed in a spare motor I had. It runs well but the narrower tires make it a little rough to ride.

Timely and aesthetically pleasing builds.....American know-how..any wonder why in only 234 years......we are the best in the world ?.....

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
Nice builds, thanks for posting pics. I just ordered a CNS carb should be here by Friday. I'm curious didn't your CNS come with a K&N "style" air filter?
The CNS carbs come with a K&N looking filter that falls apart rather easily. That's an actual K&N filter on the Krazy 8.

Back on topic, though, I'm looking forward to photos of the AMPT frame rather eagerly myself. I tend to think I'm done building motor bikes for a little while but I'm sure a nice frame could convince me otherwise. I need to see more than their current schematic drawing, however.

It does look a little like a felt, but more like the "Fatboy" cruiser that Specialized used to make. Someone PLEASE motorize one of those. Not me though, the $2500 price tag is too steep.

Post some PHOTOS AMPT!!!

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
Hey AsianMonkey I installed my CNS today and your right the K&N "style" filter isn't very sturdy. Which real K&N are you using?
Err...bought it almost a year ago. I've no idea what it is. I went to their website and ordered it direct. They have a pretty comprehensive listing of their filters showing dimensions so I picked one that would fit (there were several) and went with that. On the Krazy 8 bike there's a lot of space behind the motor because of the frame shape and the peculiar way I mounted the engine so I had a lot of leeway with the filter mounting. Actually, the CNS carb and filter were originally for the military bike but they didn't fit that one at all so I put them on the Krazy 8. I may have to go look again and see if I can find one with a 90 degree bend in it as I have another CNS carb sitting in a bucket unused right now due to the bad original air filter.