centrifugal clutch

GoldenMotor.com

hot rodder

Jan 23, 2009
Hayden ID.
has any one used a centrifugal clutch thats offered for sale on ebay it is made for 49 to 80cc
motor and you can still use dry clutch to start the motor.I was thinking about using one on my trike
tricycle.JPG

Last edited:

donuts31

Nov 9, 2008
Colorado
Mine broke after 15 minutes of riding. First the starter cord broke then the clutch itself wouldn't allow me to pedal start and when i fixed the cord, the clutch wouldn't engage. I haven't had time to figure it out yet.

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Yes, just like a chainsaw or snowblower and most other small motorized tool. As you rev it up, the clutch engages. From what I've read about them as far as these kits go, I'd stay far away from them-too cheap.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
The c-clutch has a one way roller setup(freewheel) built in which allows it to be pedal started. The pull start is not needed. The hand clutch works as normal(always). The idle must be set fairly low. To keep the clutch from kicking in.

Attachments

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
You usually need to use the hand clutch when stopping. The motor rpm remains a little to high due to the motor being draged by the chain. Once stopped the clutch can be released. Then you rev up the motor and off you go!