Well, so this is what happened

GoldenMotor.com

goofyfoot2001

Aug 16, 2012
South Carolina
I have been dorking around with this engine for almost a year. I got some good runs in on it. Then I said screw it and bought a 1995 Vulcan 750 for $1500 with 13k miles on it. Runs like a champ. I may never be back here as long as I live (quite literally). Had these little engines beed solid running, I'd never have left.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Bet you can't replace the engine for $150.00 :)

Seriously, very nice bike. Have fun and ride careful. Come back when the new wears off and you want to build something slower and simpler.

Tom

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I have been dorking around with this engine for almost a year. I got some good runs in on it. Then I said screw it and bought a 1995 Vulcan 750 for $1500 with 13k miles on it. Runs like a champ. I may never be back here as long as I live (quite literally). Had these little engines beed solid running, I'd never have left.
Maybe you should've chosen a more dependable engine. I'm presuming you were fussing with Happy Time/China Girl engine or a pocket bike engine.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Nice cruiser. I'm a fan of the mid-weight metric v-twins too. I will be getting a 150cc scooter soon but I will keep my motorized bike for tinkering.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I know what you mean. It has that classic motorcycle engine look, unlike weedwhacker-type 2-strokes.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Good for you!

Yeah, kinda amazing eh? It's easy to put a grand in a motorbike with a POS happytime motor in it. Just keep on fixing it. Keep on tinkerin', keep the wallet open...

You can buy a damn good used motorcycle for a grand.

Amazing.

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
yeah, that bike requires one to have a license, registration, inspection, insurance and god knows what else when something breaks.

I bet you spend more on paperwork in a year than I ever spent on my whole build.

I'll pass thanks.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I recently built up a cruiser with a 98cc minibike (4 stroke) engine for an initial build cost of $800. Dependability can be found in a motorized bicycle, it all just depends on how you build it and what engine you choose. Some members here have found great success with the ht engines, others not so much.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I sure do like your 750. That's a beautiful machine. If I were younger I'd probably want something like it. But I'm not younger and best I just put put on my motorbikes. I can see how it would be nice to have a machine like yours for serious transportation over highways and something I build myself for more local rides. Good luck, stay safe and come back for a visit now and then.
SB

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
nice bike man. i was considering to buy a honda rebel to turn into a bobber since ive been havin so many problems wit my bicycle. I keept goin back and forth with buyin a rebel or rebuild a bicycle from floor up.