Want to try 10hp trike..

GoldenMotor.com

Peach

May 4, 2013
NorCal
Bored with my HS49, no gears just two sprockets. It works as a top speed adder at best. Does stay fast but takes a while to build up speed.

I was thinking of getting a big horizontal Honda engine and mount it on the back of the trike and go from there.

I dont think i would attract much police attention as long as the trike was narrow and stayed under the speed of traffic. I dont want to be passing everyone lol

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
10hp is a LOT of power, especially for a trike.

Maybe all you need is a bigger rear sprocket for more low end power. Which sprockets do you have now?

Peach

May 4, 2013
NorCal
10hp is a LOT of power, especially for a trike.

Maybe all you need is a bigger rear sprocket for more low end power. Which sprockets do you have now?
44t rear and like 10t front. Speaking of sprockets, it doesnt spin straight, a new one might be in order

Peach

May 4, 2013
NorCal
Here's one:

http://www.mmbikeparts.com/sprocket_adapter.htm

If you look to the top right sponsor's list, you'll see another one.
I just realized, running a larger rear sprocket will reduce my top speed. I should go for a larger drive sprocket and smaller rear sprocket for my purposes. I want to maintain higher top speeds in the straightaways. I could live with suffered climbing performance in hilly areas. This is where having a two gear setup for acceleration when i need it and top speed

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I just realized, running a larger rear sprocket will reduce my top speed. I should go for a larger drive sprocket and smaller rear sprocket for my purposes. I want to maintain higher top speeds in the straightaways. I could live with suffered climbing performance in hilly areas. This is where having a two gear setup for acceleration when i need it and top speed
Any pictures? Multi-speed setup works well for guys wanting both low end and top speed.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa

I put a tanaka on this but we are now changing it over to honda 160....you dont want to go too fast on a trike..theyre scary