New and here was my bike :(

GoldenMotor.com

Super

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Thank you all you all the good advice. You won't believe this but the lady that pulled out in front of me lied to the claims officer. She said I pulled out of a drive way. Whats stupid, is she already told the truth to the police. It's all on the police report. The police man told me him self that our two stories collaborated. Plus their was an eye witness that works at Sonic. The only thing she is doing is delaying matters. Now I have to wait for them to get the police report.

The claims officer seems really nice and is very informative and helpful. Lets hope it's not all an act. Thanks to your advice I got an idea on what to start off with.

Now, if any have any advice in what to build next. What your experience with the different available kits. Where should I go for my best moneys worth. All I know, is I don't want another CNS carb. And most of the kits I look at come stocked with them. Thanks again for all you helpful advice.

I don't know if the insurance company is going to take the junk back just jet, but there is defiantly salvageable parts on it.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
In most cases they haul away the junk just as they would do with your auto if it was totaled , you could ask them if you could buy it back usually for a mere fraction of original cost , that way you have the salvageable part , give it a shot you've got nothing to loose by not asking .

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Wow ,the things we learn in hindsight - go figure .But I figured I'd rattle your cage a lil because you really nailed it .
Nice to have met ya.
Yeah, hindsight is 20/20.. ah well, hopefully I won't have to deal with it again but y'never know, considering the drivers around here. The insurance people already paid my wife for the bike, so we turned that into a mountain bike and motor kit and she still had enough left over to pay off the last of the e-bike on her Visa card. Today she goes to have a consultation with the lawyers to see how they interpret the case.
...and no worries, the more my cage gets rattled, the more likely it'll loosen a few bolts and I can get out. ;)

Last edited:

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
...the lady that pulled out in front of me lied to the claims officer. She said I pulled out of a drive way. Whats stupid, is she already told the truth to the police. It's all on the police report. The police man told me him self that our two stories collaborated. Plus their was an eye witness that works at Sonic. The only thing she is doing is delaying matters. Now I have to wait for them to get the police report.
Make sure you have the name and number of the witness, in case you need it. People like her are everywhere, always trying to turn it around so they're the victim. I'll bet she tries to claim some kind of mental anguish or trauma because of watching you fly over her car, plus damages that'll include the opposite end of her vehicle (and anything else she wants fixed as well). It might be an idea to track down a decent lawyer in your area, since she's contradicting the police report.

The claims officer seems really nice and is very informative and helpful. Lets hope it's not all an act. Thanks to your advice I got an idea on what to start off with...

I don't know if the insurance company is going to take the junk back just jet, but there is defiantly salvageable parts on it.
The claims officer may also have something I missed on the list before as well, y'never know. They'd also (probably) be the person to ask where your bike is going when this is done.. if they won't simply let you keep it for parts, they can tell you which junkyard it'll end up at and you can go to them and try to get it back. 2 strokes are notoriously hard to kill, so if the motor itself is in more or less one piece you should at least be able to get parts off it when you need them.

I hope things work out for you, please keep us posted on how it goes. And if you haven't already, stop by the Doc's office and get checked out. When I had my accident I thought I'd be all right but it turned into 12 weeks of disability time, a bunch of physio and physical rehab, and resulted in me being laid off work by the time I was pronouced ready to return. My wife was on disability for more than a few months because of the broken hand, and got laid off her work permanently so that's going to be taken into account by the lawyers too. She used to do admin work for a local business, but now she can't type properly or use a mouse right-handed.

Now, I'm not saying to take them for everything under the sun, but knowing what the possibilites are is helpful.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
In most cases they haul away the junk just as they would do with your auto if it was totaled , you could ask them if you could buy it back usually for a mere fraction of original cost , that way you have the salvageable part , give it a shot you've got nothing to loose by not asking .
That's a great thunk. There is a whole lot there that will come in handy for next build.

Could even offer them what it would go for for scrap. Just thinking out loud there.

Super

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Well I got a $1000 check so far for the loss of my material things. I'm still suppose to get another check for loss of wages and pain and suffering. But not sure how much it will be. Any one know what the going rate for bumps and bruises are going for these days? LOL

Anyways I bought a new bike and a few new add ons, like a new NT carb and a new throttle, and other things of that nature. It's a Schwinn bike I got at Wallie World for $200. I was a little worried about leaving the coaster breaks behind. IDK, just the thought of rubber breaking pads scares me. But it stops better than the coaster breaks. :)

Here is the new build .shft..shft.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Wow, awesome. Really like the seat and the color coordination.
I have had great luck with those brakes and none with the fenders as is! I honestly would not ride her until ya shore em up or take em off.

But man, sweet looking ride. Has that old world MB look. Made me miss my Point Beach. Pretty much the same bike but seat was different. The 2 I have had like it, besides the fenders, the book rack failed as well. At all points where it is bolted. I thought nylon washers would help but never got around to trying em so really dunno if they would help.

Just my 2.4 cents. (inflation)

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
A little better than the $600 you figured on getting huh? When it rains I just put on my back rack that clamps to the seat post saves my back from the roster of wetness Once I saw it without the fenders They got shoved up into the attic

Last edited:

Super

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Thanks everyone, now if I can only get it running at peak efficiency.

...and Jumpa I had my fiders off on my other bike and didn't like it when it rained. Thats why I chose very carefully one that had strong finders.

Last edited:

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Thanks everyone, now if I can only get it running at peak efficiency.

...and Jumpa I had my fiders off on my other bike and didn't like it when it rained. Thats why I chose very carefully one that had strong finders.
Roger that .bt.