Most # of times you have been stopped in a day?

GoldenMotor.com

Albula vulpes

Mar 16, 2010
FL
Wondering what is the most amount of times you have ever been stopped in one day riding your MB from someone that wants to ask you questions about it.

The other day I must have gotten stopped 4 or 5 times and it wasn't even 11:00 a.m. yet.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
A couple of times, I was stopped more times than I wanted to count....I usually just stay out of town unless I want to spend a lot of time answering questions.

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
I get flaged down so often it's become a hassle... Sort of, i can't stand the idea of passing someone who might become an asset to our hobby. Out of the couple of hundreds of times i've been stoped in the last three years only two have turned into a customer or friend. Last year i found a guy waiting in my driveway ,and a few days later had a taxi and a guy on a rice burner follow me all the way home,even the taxi driver came into the shop and looked around.

Everyone thinks there cool ,but they still think there ilegal here in IL. However the local P.D. Has been one of our champions in town and are often the ones flaging you down. They even returned a stolen bike to the shop cuz they knew i would know whos it was ,way to go blue...

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i've only been flagged down a few times, but i get a lot of stares of disbelief and thumbs up, mostly because i have a bike that's as fast as traffic.

normally, it's when i'm stopped somewheres, and it's usually when i'm walking out of some taco place and i just want to get home and eat before my food gets cold. if the person looks normal or like a potential customer (and not like some motel-livin' tweeker,) i'll talk a little while, hand 'em a card, and explain that i just wanna go home and eat.

my cards have my email, and i'll give them the forum website so if they're serious, they can find out everything they wanna know.

it's a daily occurence. everytime i ride, someone wants to know about my bike.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I seem to get mobbed at gas stations when filling up on gas. Pestered at intersections regularly or any shop I stop at. To save time answering 21 questions, I just hand them one of these and assure them they'll find answers to all of their questions HERE.

A big thanks to Killercanuck for these cards!dnut

mixxmilkk1

Apr 30, 2010
Mpls Minnesota
xct2Unlike most ppl on here, i like answering all the questions about my bikes. I have two myself, but i've built five so far this winter for other ppl. And two of them wanted they're bike like mine,(With the sbp shift kit) you buy the part? i put it together for $20.(Or a 12 pack to share lol. Most of the time they end up drinking must of it just learning about the buy themselves. I get bumb barded where ever i go with ppl asking me about how fast it is. Well i can tell you ,i did extentsive work on the motor, by balancing the shaft, and horning out the intake, and exaust ports, and boost bottle. (so it 3.20 hp, not 2.75 80/66cc grubee. I built one for a guy that i beat during a race down portland ave, in south minnapolis Mn. he said he paid almost $1700 buck for that scooter,and it only goes 35mph down hill lmmfao! My bike does 55+ on flat surface. Might i add he was pretty PO'd. i gave hime my number, and within a months time. he had sold the scooter to his sister, and ordered the parts. So i built him one,(with his helping of course) That way he knows what going on with the bike. We ride now all over with a few other ppl i built for. And when i say ride?! (I mean we ride for hours.) Even though we have to slowdown for the ones that opted out of buying the boost bottle, and SBP's shift kit lol. but oh well! we're still sticking it too the man with gas saving vehicles lol. So if you want to start a bike club in minnesota? My email is [email protected] (Hit me up) Well think safety out there guys! And alway keep ur bike up to par, with tune ups and safety equipment,. And please stay safe! Don"t be a fool ! (hurd me!)

Attachments

Last edited:

mixxmilkk1

Apr 30, 2010
Mpls Minnesota
xct2Its still a 2 stroke, it just has more horse power. You can do the same with a 48cc.. Just make sure you do the mods after you register your bike. In Minnesota, you still have to register 48cc. And anything over 50cc has to be registered as a motorcycle lol. Now isn't that funning lmao!. They just want there money, and thats it lol. i even had to pay for a motorcycle lic. Only in Minnesota lol Oh! and you do get Lic. plates even with the 48cc bike. (Keep Rolling Family!) And don't let the (man) stop you.) \\m//(~_~)

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Boy have we been round and round on the law in IL. Along with two condrdictions and a lot of nonsense, they made a new catagory in the vec. Code . This is great in that there are NO requirements except age (over sixteen) and under 20mph ,so no lic. No reg. No ins. Nada . but in the IL vec. Code they make no def. Of horsepower? The assumtion is they are refering to an S.A.E. Def. I can't find it?
the main grey area is in one sentance of new law re: must have two fully operable pedals and engine UNDER one horsepower.
There is no direct corelation between cc's and h.p. By S.A.E. Def. And old law re:motorcycles said 50 cc or less?
Nobody ive talked too knows what the blank is going on?
I've had a cop stop me ,start to write me up then i showed them new law and they let me roll.my buddy had an officer follow him into a bar and tell him that he cant ride in the street ,read the new law ,then told him he didnt have dot sticker??? After all that they let brett go too?
The new law is clearly out lined in 2010 police info man. For IL.
Most cops never heard of it.