Dead Bike

GoldenMotor.com

bc2013

Dec 8, 2009
Las Vegas
I have a 49cc bike that I built about a year and a half ago. About six months ago the mounting braket broke and I decided to sit the bike till I got it fixed. At the time it was running strong with no problems. Now after about six months I finally got around to ordering the parts I needed to fix her up. So I get on the bike to take it for a spin and it wont start. BTW I was keeping it in the garage the whole time and not outside or anything like that. Anyone have a similar problem or any help? Thank you for your time.

mr.charlie

Jul 27, 2010
tavares florida "lake county"
I have a 49cc bike that I built about a year and a half ago. About six months ago the mounting braket broke and I decided to sit the bike till I got it fixed. At the time it was running strong with no problems. Now after about six months I finally got around to ordering the parts I needed to fix her up. So I get on the bike to take it for a spin and it wont start. BTW I was keeping it in the garage the whole time and not outside or anything like that. Anyone have a similar problem or any help? Thank you for your time.
its called "the process of elimination" in conjunction with useing the forum search feature.......if ye seek ye shall find.........now get to work......

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
I'll be even more specific than they were. Fuel, make sure your carb is clean and the fuel flows good. Compression, make sure everything is torqued properly and there are no air leaks. Spark, make sure the plug is firing good by unscrewing the plug and holding it against the motor to ground the electrode on the end as you crank the motor over a few times.

Check that stuff and let us know if there are any problems. This problem has been handled before and some folks get a little bothered when a person comes along with a problem that's been solved before, in other threads. If you check those things we've listed your bike will most likely start when we're done.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Yeppers. If gas was left in it, cleaning the carb should be done as a mater of course. It is really easy and only takes a few minutes but take your time and keep in mind how to reassemble. Keep notes and drawings if ya need and lay parts out in order. Really no biggie. I use a white paper plate. Makes small parts and grit n' grime easy to see

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
i have taken my nt carb apart many times and it is indeed very easy and simple all you need is a flat screw driver you can even take the jet off and the needle valve out with a flat screwdriver and not to mention its fun to do

other than that a new plug wire and cap wont hurt and cost less than ten bucks to change try these first then see if your getting spark if your not getting spark search in the custom search bar on how to test the cdi and mag to find out witch one is bad and make sure your wiring is correct then next is compression first make sure all bolts are tight (dont overtighten) if u still dont have compression try the replacing the seals there also cheap if you still dont have compression try replacing gaskits there not expensive either but you will have to take the motor apart so try this if nothing else works

i only say change plug cap and wire first cause i assume your running stock plug cap and wire and simply changing those will increase performance