Yet Another Canadian... Eh!

GoldenMotor.com

rockdoc

Nov 7, 2010
High River Alberta
As most, it seems, on this site, I have also been using and enjoying all the adventures and misadventures of the forum contributors to help me answer my own questions in this hobby. Been hiding for a couple of years now. Wonderful data base of information. For such simple machines there are some unique problems and quirks involved in assembling and maintaining these little "funmobiles". As an ex German, Italian, "marque" biker, I realize I am slowing down in my old age and find this a wonderful alternative to still "get the wind in my face" without the velocities required of their larger brethren. I am from High River Alberta Canada. Three bikes in stable. One with 2550 miles on it, one just being finished and a third that I am collecting parts for. So Greetings All and thanks for allowing me to come on board.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome and glad you've decided to join us. Yes, they're fun, simple and comparitively inexpensive. A great way to get that "wind in your face" without going in debt. Send us some photos of your builds.
Tom

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I see the pict now it is working. Very cool. That's an interesting color scheme you got going on. Gonna be a nice ride.(^)

rockdoc

Nov 7, 2010
High River Alberta
Thank you, I agree it does have vintage/classic lines I thought?. That is the high mileage motor in the Nirve photo. I brought it up to work with me this time to go thru, detail, and use as template for the new bike. New motor should be delivered this week and once back home I will paint it up as well. Here are the two bikes that this motor propelled to 2550 miles. Green one made 1800 miles before down tube showed fractures so I built the yellow one and transplanted the motor into it for the rest of miles. Last photo is the Nirve Kilroy that I will, I think, go 4 stroke and shift kit. {and a 3 speed rear hub} Already been to war surplus store for panniers and military accessories and will change markings to reflect RCAF tribute, "mock" messenger bike.

Attachments