Micargi Rover 7 speed.

GoldenMotor.com

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
Just ordered this beach cruiser and am about to order an engine for it. Any of you guys ever seen this particular bike with a motor on it? Was just wondering what she'd look like as finished product. Also trying to make up my mind on the best deal on an engine, there are so many to choose from and I want the best for around $150.00. Also Mike if you are around, I'd like to order a sprocket adapter from you but I don't have the bike yet to give you the measurements, are you at all familiar with this bike enough to send me the correct one without me sending you measurements so I can go ahead and order it?

Attachments

Last edited:

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Hambro,
nice bike, I think fairracing uses a single speed version of the rover,,,it will give you an idea of what it will look like after motoring :)
I think you are referring to Jim (creative-engineering aka manic mechanic) ;)
MANIC Mechanic Parts.htm
he does very nice work, you will be impressed...
but, your measurements need to be pretty accurate :)

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
Yeah, I noticed I called him mike after I posted the thread, was talking to my friend Mike on the phone when I typed it so....brain fart. I chose to go with the 7 speed with V brakes because I don't like the idea of having to bend and manipulate the brake arm to clear the bolt heads on the sprocket on a coaster brake bike. Plus my bad knees catch **** pedaling single speed bikes from a dead stop. I can't make up my mind on which engine kit to buy though, there are so dang many of them to choose from.

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
I've ordered and installed several of the "80cc" (66cc) engine kits from boygofast in the past but I was wanting to try something different with a machined intake manifold and a little more polish to the engine mechanics overall. But WHICH ONE??!! I keep going back and forth checking them all out.

Cannonfish

Apr 10, 2009
Maryland
Hambro, I could be wrong but I believe the Micargi Rover is built using the same frame as the Micargi General (pull up pictures of the two of them online and check them out side-by-side). The difference is that the Rover has gears and brakes and a flashier color scheme - the General is quite basic.

FYI, lots of room for engines and carbs inside this frame, but check your frame welds occasionally - I ran across rumors about Micargi frame welds failing. No issues with mine yet, even after somewhere around 250 miles of riding. I really like the basic shape of the bike.

Anyway I'm attaching a couple of pictures of my Micargi General at different stages in its motorized life. To get an idea what yours will look like, think of this bike with a more conventional fork and a glossy black color scheme. Hope this helps!

Attachments

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
Hi Hambro,

Micargi Rover with a motor.

IMG00073-20091008-1100.jpg IMG00078-20091008-1101.jpg IMG00076-20091008-1101.jpg

The Pk80-J's bolt right up.

Hope this helps..
Justin

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
Thanks Justin, those pics are awesome, made me feel great about choosing that bike. Can't wait for everything to get here. Also, meant to ask you, do your engines come with a machined intake manifold?

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
Thanks Justin, those pics are awesome, made me feel great about choosing that bike. Can't wait for everything to get here. Also, meant to ask you, do your engines come with a machined intake manifold?

Hambro,
intake2r.jpg Is this the intake your speaking of? If so, its not included in the kit. I can still add it in if you'd like? Let us know.

I'm glad the pics helped also..

Peace

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
Starting to get excited about this weekend coming up. The bike should be here as well as the engine and sprocket and and sprocket adapter. Also the upgraded hardware kit and airfilter and teflon clutch cable and the machined intake. Everything should arrive at around the same time unfortunately my bike will have to wait, I have two more to build this weekend but I want those out of the way when I get ready to start mine so it can have all of my attention. I can't wait, it's gonna be a good weekend :)

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Hambro, you have gears...why a sprocket adapter? SHIFT THOSE GEARS MAN! Get yourself a shift kit if you're going 2-smoke, then put a tuned pipe on there as well. Might as well get the most out of your bike.

Micargi's are great bikes. I've had Firmstrong, Schwinn, XYZ, and the Micargi rides the best of all of them.