Gahhhhhh Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Mikey DEEEE

May 14, 2009
AZ
ok so the other day i was riding home from school and my bike was going REALLLLLLYY slow, i made it to the point where it would not at all even start so, i redo the wiring and it starts back up but still really slow so i make it home clean everything out, like air filter, readjust wires and cables, and now when i ride it it still goes slow and there is this tick noise that the engine makes now it goes slow and the engine is ticking, some notes; recently i got a slant head and all my problems started after that, and i also got a new sprocket

EnFlaMEd

Aug 25, 2009
South Australia
Pull the spark plug out and see if the tang ( the L shaped bit that curves over the top of the electrode ) has bent down and is touching or close to touching the electrode (the little nob that stick up in the center of the spark plug ). If it has you may need to modify the spark plug or add an extra washer to your plug to space it out a bit.

This is a pic of my modified plug. I used a dremel rotary tool to modify it but you could use a hacksaw or file also.

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
is your carb at an angle now...you always have to remember that a carb has a float in it and it works just like a toilet...it could either be too full or too empty

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
hey before you go too nuts check your work on the head...did this thing run after the head was put on...if it was than the sparkplug will not be smashed in, it would have happened immediately...are you loosing compression maybe...try riding with the clutch engaged and the kill switch in???does it feel like there is compression...is there air leaking???im curious as to what you find

freddy

Sep 28, 2009
Ontario
If it's a generic engine, remove it and throw it as hard as you can into a open body of water and walk away

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
check for air leaks, did the new gasket completely clear the piston or cylinder wall, good luck

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
let the clutch out and slowly turn the wheel so the the engine moves, once the piston reached the top of the cylinder it will be harder to movie, keeping moving it back and forth and listen for any contact noised from the piston hitting the head or the spark plug, in my case it would hit the head but not the spark plug.

EnFlaMEd

Aug 25, 2009
South Australia
If it hits just do what I did with my plug as shown in the picture in my earlier post. Side cutting supposedly improves HP too by giving a stronger spark.
Alternatively you can just add an extra washer to the plug.

Last edited: