aye captian...we dont have enough power!!

GoldenMotor.com

Damian84

Sep 24, 2012
morgantown wv
everyone was soo helpful last time. got all the bugs worked out....i thought. so heres whats happening. i can get her to fire up an run for a couple hundred yards, but she starts to bog in the mids and dies at WOT. BUT... when i put her on a stand with the rear wheel elevated i can run through all the power bands and she screams. I have tested all needle positions and found the one that works the best on my CNS, i think. I have found the right float position. no leaks anywhere. it just seems that the resistance of the road is boggin her down. Im only 150 lbs. why would that make such a huge difference???

I just wanna shred and ride. gota bunch of snow and i wanna try out my custom snow tires. Im tired of walkin to work.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
weird, might be too lean to pull the load while still going OK with no load, might be that getting it off the stand changes angle of carb or something that starves it for fuel, might even be that a tire is rubbing on something when weight is on the bike

can't give better advice than to keep trying & hope you see something that's causing it

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Air leak, hopefully in the intake and not the case gaskets.
You running 25:1 gas mix? 2/3 cups 2S oil per gallon?

Damian84

Sep 24, 2012
morgantown wv
Intake is solid and vacumme tested. Im using an offset intake that i had chopped and custom welded and de-burred and using good aftermarket gaskets. carb is maybe 1 degree off level. running 24:1 ratio break in on brand new motor. where are the case gaskets again? running middle needle position seems to get it fired up and idling. maybe ill try lowering the clip one more notch and test for lean or rich variable. it just confounds me that the resistance on the tire from the road and the shift kit would cause substantial power loss.